PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy a BRP Backrest - Does anyone have one instock????

spyder-dude
06-12-2008, 04:35 PM
Looking to buy a BRP Backrest - Does anyone have one instock????

Looking to do a couple of longer rides in a week and half and I would like to take my 11 year old daughter......but would feel safer having the backrest for her.

I am located in upstate NY and will pay shipping to get it from anyone that has one instock....I don't need the rack as I already have that.

Thanks,

Shawn Scott
sscott607@gmail.com
607-727-9575

bjt
06-12-2008, 04:38 PM
dltang and I will check the local dealers here for you. Gotta keep the kid safe as possible! :doorag:

Dilbertian
06-14-2008, 07:05 AM
I was browsing through Killboy.com's main page a few days ago and saw a Spyder with a Goldwing backrest and luggage box combo! For the rider it looked nice and comfy with the padded easy-chair looking backrest. I went back yesterday to try and find the picture again and couldn't find it.

-Tim

spyder-dude
06-14-2008, 07:09 AM
I did get a response from someone within minutes of posting and got one shipped to me yesterday. Thanks.

Dilbertian
06-14-2008, 02:07 PM
I did get a response from someone within minutes of posting and got one shipped to me yesterday. Thanks.

So is this one of the NEW redesigned BRP backrests or is it one of the defective, recalled models? I have had mine on order since last Fall and they keep telling me they haven't shipped yet. I am curious...

-Tim

jeuchler
06-14-2008, 02:29 PM
Tim, you might want to try calling around, if you haven't already.

I got my (newer version) backrest just before the trip to Valcourt, so I know they're out there.

Sometimes I buy items from dealers several states away when my dealer doesn't have them in stock. I trade the discount ('cause I purchased the Spyder from him) for having the item sooner...

Good luck!

spyder-dude
06-14-2008, 03:52 PM
So is this one of the NEW redesigned BRP backrests or is it one of the defective, recalled models? I have had mine on order since last Fall and they keep telling me they haven't shipped yet. I am curious...

-Tim

This is the new model. I have also had mine on order since January...My dealer has received several of them but they where for people that ordered before me. I got tired of waiting. Just sent you a PM with the information on where to get one if you wanted to now.

Later,

Shawn

Zerocool
06-14-2008, 05:05 PM

-Tim

How do you tell the non-defective from the defective ones?

spyder-dude
06-14-2008, 08:04 PM
The original design which was the prototype only was bad....they totally redesigned them and then released to the public....so there isn't anyone that should have a defective one. The problem with backorders is that the company that makes alot of their accessories is back logged.....very crazy, they should have been prepared with an overflow of their accessories.

bjt
06-15-2008, 07:29 AM
The problem with backorders is that the company that makes alot of their accessories is back logged.....very crazy, they should have been prepared with an overflow of their accessories.

+1

After waiting two months for the BRP tank bag that my dealer kept telling me was on back order, I went with an aftermarket bag that I modified to work on the Spyder.

speedster200
06-15-2008, 12:22 PM
A memo from BRP stated backrests will be available mid June. There is not a dealer in the U.S.A. that has a backrest.
Remember you will need to also buy the rear rack to make the whole thing work. Be patient it may take BRP a while to introduce a new accessory but it will be right. They don't put out any unproven cheap crap that you will be unsatisfied with.

spyderdylr

VIspyderman
06-15-2008, 10:51 PM
A memo from BRP stated backrests will be available mid June. There is not a dealer in the U.S.A. that has a backrest.
Remember you will need to also buy the rear rack to make the whole thing work. Be patient it may take BRP a while to introduce a new accessory but it will be right. They don't put out any unproven cheap crap that you will be unsatisfied with.

spyderdylr

Oh yeah, then explain the Sport Touring windshield... LOL. Ducking and running for cover now.

draboo
06-16-2008, 12:14 AM
http://www.spyderbiker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7

spyderdylr

spyderbitten
06-16-2008, 03:02 PM
I also need the BRP rack and backrest (yellow please). Anyone know where I can find them?

speedster200
06-17-2008, 12:23 PM
Oh yeah, then explain the Sport Touring windshield... LOL. Ducking and running for cover now.

We recieved one and only one. You are right those have been slow to market also!
spyderdylr