PDA

View Full Version : Triple Play

Cuban Spyder
06-22-2013, 12:16 PM
I know there are several threads about Triple Play, but I haven't read one about this. This morning I installed the Custom Dynamics Smart Triple Play on my wife's 2012 RS. Everything works, but I noticed that the turn signals seem to flash faster than they did before. Is that normal? I left the incandescent bulbs in the tail lights and replaced the bulbs in the rear turn signals with the supplied LEDS. The tail lights are wired to be running-turn-brake lights as are the rear turn signal lights.

:dontknow: So what's the story?

Capt John
06-22-2013, 01:27 PM
Mine on blink faster when the spyder is in reverse

Littlebadwolf
06-22-2013, 03:59 PM
There's a toggle switch that comes with it where you can set the flash mode...strobe blinking or flashing...I'm not sure if this is your problem...

Warlock
06-22-2013, 06:34 PM
I know there are several threads about Triple Play, but I haven't read one about this. This morning I installed the Custom Dynamics Smart Triple Play on my wife's 2012 RS. Everything works, but I noticed that the turn signals seem to flash faster than they did before. Is that normal? I left the incandescent bulbs in the tail lights and replaced the bulbs in the rear turn signals with the supplied LEDS. The tail lights are wired to be running-turn-brake lights as are the rear turn signal lights.

:dontknow: So what's the story?Mine is doing the same thing. Called Custom Dyn and they sent me a different load equilizer. I'm offshore right now and it arrived yesterday. Will be 3 weeks before I can tell if this cured my fast blinking turn signals. Everything else works fine. So you might want to give them a call. Might be something wrong with yours also.
David

retread
06-22-2013, 08:37 PM
First, is your Spyder running? On my GS, with the engine off, the turn signals flashed fast, when I started it, they were normal, called ESI (they sold to CD) and was told it's normal. But this was in '08.

john

Cuban Spyder
06-24-2013, 01:23 PM
Warlock, I talked to Kevin at Custom Dynamics today and he had me remove the load equalizer. It works at a normal rate now.:yes: He asked if I had any other LEDS on the rear and I told him only the turn signals supplied in the kit. He said some time the load equalizer adds too much load and the signals work rapidly.

Anyway, thought you might want to know.:D

The Bakerman
06-25-2013, 06:48 PM
Warlock, I talked to Kevin at Custom Dynamics today and he had me remove the load equalizer. It works at a normal rate now.:yes: He asked if I had any other LEDS on the rear and I told him only the turn signals supplied in the kit. He said some time the load equalizer adds too much load and the signals work rapidly.

Anyway, thought you might want to know.:D

Mine did the same thing when I installed it....removed the load equalizer...now all is well. I discovered it by accident.

Warlock
06-25-2013, 11:24 PM
Mine did the same thing when I installed it....removed the load equalizer...now all is well. I discovered it by accident.
Will check mine before plugging the new one in.
david