PDA

View Full Version : Glove Box

BlueRTS
06-22-2013, 12:19 AM
I need help. I lock my steering wheel all the way to the right which in turn lock my glove box. Here is the thing, now my glove box won't close all the way. It appears as if it is still lock. I can lift the glove box but can't close it all the way. Have anyone encounter this before? Is this a issue or is this the operator? Can someone please HELP?:opps:

Firefly
06-22-2013, 12:30 AM
Steering wheel? ;-) lol

Sounds like you could have a cable out of adjustment. Mine is out of adjustment right now.. but the other way.... won't lock... but I rarely use that feature and leave the key in the ignition anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bob Denman
06-22-2013, 05:00 AM
You can't get it to close even though you've unlocked the bars?
'Fly is right... This is an adjustment that the dealer should make...

DLewis
06-22-2013, 06:12 AM
Had mine do the same thing. The latch mechanism got out of whack, and the dealer had to replace. (it was under warranty) Hope this helps.

JJW SpyderRider
06-22-2013, 08:12 AM
Have you turned the bars to the right and tried locking and unlocking the bars a few times? May need to lube the latch.

I would also try using a screw drive to press down on the bottom half of the latch hook as if you were pressing down on the glove box cover to unlatch it.

nojacks
06-23-2013, 12:49 PM
Just went through something similar with my 2012 RT_S. If you have the lid open reach down and push the lock latch down with your finger. If it locks and unlocks then it could be the cable as others have said. If the latch doesn't lock and unlock it is broken and will need to be replaced. I just had mine replaced. I locked my handlebars one night the next morning when I unlocked them the glove box wouldn't close after opening. The latch broke for some odd reason.

GuitarPlayer
06-23-2013, 02:59 PM
I had this happen to me in Maggie Valley. The glove box latch was stuck in the open position and wouldn't close. I'm a little fuzzy on how I fixed it but I remember turning the key to the on position then off and the latch became un-stuck. Don't know why or how that fixed the issue but it works fine now.

Tony