PDA

View Full Version : The joke I posted....

DLewis
06-21-2013, 04:45 PM
was just that to me... a joke. I did not (in the least) mean to offend anyone, or stir up any conflict.:yikes::yikes::yikes: I did not "read" into it, just read it, thought that others may get a laugh from it and that would be that. If by any means you were offended, I am TRULY sorry!:bowdown::bowdown: Please forgive my ignorance, I did NOT post it to offend anyone, or stir up controversy. I will make sure my "jokes" are of the very bland kind from this moment on. Everyone take care of yourselves, and please ride safe!

ataDude
06-21-2013, 04:49 PM
was just that to me... a joke. I did not (in the least) mean to offend anyone, or stir up any conflict.:yikes::yikes::yikes: I did not "read" into it, just read it, thought that others may get a laugh from it and that would be that. If by any means you were offended, I am TRULY sorry!:bowdown::bowdown: Please forgive my ignorance, I did NOT post it to offend anyone, or stir up controversy. I will make sure my "jokes" are of the very bland kind from this moment on. Everyone take care of yourselves, and please ride safe!

I must have missed it. Please post again so that I too can be offended... or not. :yes:

Oh, never mind. I found it and saw that good ole firefly started the atheist crap again.

Bob Denman
06-21-2013, 05:13 PM
NoNoNoNoNo :shocked: You didn't do anything wrong at all
Some folks just might not be able to appreciate a particular sense of humor; that's nobody's fault...
Personally; I LIKED it! :thumbup:

But then; I als found humor in one told to me by an ATVing buddy from Utah...

"Somebody who can say that the most joyous day of their life, was the day they got married, or the day their child was born...
...has never seen an illegal alien get run-over in traffic as they try to make a break for the border!" :shocked:

Now THAT one :lecturef_smilie: could certainly cause some hard feelings!
Huh? :shocked:
What?? :shocked:
Ohhhh crap! :opps:

Illinois Boy
06-21-2013, 05:41 PM
Religion and politics... should have known it was going to stir-up the hornet's nest...

This is not the place to post such threads if you do not expect repercussions... someone surely will eventually turn it around to their own agenda.

Personally... I saw the humor in the joke without allowing personal opinions or beliefs to enter into the scenario...

Others however, not so much apparently.

ARtraveler
06-21-2013, 05:43 PM
PM sent. Your okay. :thumbup:

Chupaca
06-21-2013, 06:47 PM
I would venture to say many of us have stepped on a few toes...alas some people have big feet..!!:roflblack:

PrairieSpyder
06-21-2013, 07:13 PM
I also think you have no reason to apologize. I thought it was a good joke, myself.

SDM
06-21-2013, 08:20 PM
The joke you posted is an old one that has probably been floating around in some form or other for as long as bears have been :cus: in the woods!!! I personally was not offended but I have been known to tell some doozies in my time!:yikes: At times I (and probably some others) are not politically correct.:dontknow: As my dad says, I have the tact of a jackass!!! :roflblack: You keep telling your jokes (good or bad) and I will either laugh or groan at them.

Bob Denman
06-21-2013, 08:24 PM
:agree: Keep posting them! :2thumbs:

bruiser
06-21-2013, 08:40 PM
Agree. No need to apologize. Press on with the jokes and just ignore the comments.

JJW SpyderRider
06-21-2013, 08:54 PM
Agree. No need to apologize. Press on with the jokes and just ignore the comments.

:agree: It was a joke, a funny one at that. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: To bad it turned negative. :lecturef_smilie:

coz
06-21-2013, 08:59 PM
i thought it was very funny, please continue. if anyone was offended, G E T O V E R IT. i'm sure we all offend somebody once in a while, i know i do. T. S.

juliantrost
06-21-2013, 09:53 PM
:agree: Keep posting them! :2thumbs:

I just read through all 53 replies to the joke posted earlier. I heard that joke in 3 different countries and 3 different languages, over the last 40 years (39 years and 358 days to be exact :D), so it is rather old. I was raised in the country where religions were prosecuted, in the Jewish family where till the age of 15, I was told that Being Jewish was my nationality and not the best one to have in that country, to say the least. So, needless to say I follow no religion, although after leaving that country and living in few others, I could have made choices, including taking Judaism closer to heart. My choice was to believe in God, but not label him nor follow a religion of any sort. I do not go to a synagogue or a church, but when in doubt, I do say "please God...." sometimes, something answers, but in most cases I am speaking to myself. The way I look at things is to each is own and I do think believing in something bigger than yourself, may not be bad thing, but we all have the right to choose. So, as Bob said: keep the jokes coming. We can all use a laugh once in a while.......

lyonsden
06-21-2013, 11:28 PM
I thought it was funny. People get offended way to easy these days.

AWEInCA
06-22-2013, 02:30 AM
Mary was very upset the her long time friend Fido passed away.
Her mom tried to console her by saying Fido was up in heaven with God.
To which Mary replied, "what does God want with a dead dog."

:roflblack:

Daisyjoe
06-22-2013, 08:23 AM
It was just a joke. No need to apologize.