PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Riding Type - Poll

BajaRon
06-20-2013, 10:29 PM
What is your favorite riding type? Most of us like a little of everything. But we each have our favorite.

Twisties
Long Distance Interstates
Leisurely Crusing-Scenic
Short Hops - Local City
Drag Strip

diesel-dawg
06-20-2013, 10:32 PM
Leisurely country and scenic. Not in too much of a rush and want smell the roses, not rush by them.

asp125
06-20-2013, 11:14 PM
High speed sweepers, medium speed curves, with a bunch of twisties thrown in now and again. Interstates are only a quick way to get to the twisties. Even in cruise mode I want curves.

OldCowboy
06-20-2013, 11:15 PM
I like going off the beaten path. Finding places where there aren't any McDonalds, Arbys, Applebees, etc. If the ride also features twisties, then that's more better.

Chupaca
06-21-2013, 01:45 AM
but always find a few twisties tk keep things alive..!! :ohyea:

Tierhog
06-21-2013, 03:17 AM
Reasonable twisties, then high speed flats, then highway, lastly... Residential.

Ga Blue Knight
06-21-2013, 05:18 AM
I always look for roads that have long sweepers with lots of elevation changes. When I need to get somewhere in a hurry I will use the interstate but will always be on the lookout for parallel roads that go through towns. "It's not about the destination, it's about the ride"

Bob Denman
06-21-2013, 06:59 AM
Scenic touring... :thumbup:
But as long as I've got a set of handlebars in front of me, and an engine somewhere underneath me, I'm as happy as a clam in wet sand! :2thumbs: :ohyea:

quickster47
06-21-2013, 07:24 AM
Truth be known something like the Cherohala Skyway is just about perfect for both myself and the wife.

Carl

Yazz
06-21-2013, 08:26 AM
It's so hard to choose just one. I like all types of riding except short hops.

O.k., so guess which one got my vote! :2thumbs:

BajaRon
06-21-2013, 08:29 AM
It's so hard to choose just one. I like all types of riding except short hops.

O.k., so guess which one got my vote! :2thumbs:

Drag Strip....

effgjamis
06-21-2013, 08:34 AM
Yazz,,, My guess is long distance..... of course only one that you do not like is the #$%^& hop.

I am with you on all except the one, but I do ride that one rather than the cage.

GeoffCee
06-21-2013, 08:36 AM
For pleasure riding I knock out a route in Garmin's MapSource to wherever we want to go, taking care to stick to the scenic back roads where this is possible. The economic recession has meant that money for pot hole repairs and resurfacing work has been squeezed and some UK roads are badly affected by frost and ice damage from the past 2 bad winters. The 3-wheeled configuration of the Spyder makes avoiding the worst of our pot holes "interesting". :shocked:

If we are heading to a port for a specific ferry sailing to Europe, for instance, I opt for the fastest main road highways (motorways) that will get us there on time, in which case the scenery isn't important.

Funny, but I've never been on a road I didn't like on the Spyder. The same road traveled by car gets all manner of complaints but I don't have a split personality. It's the Spyder effect at work. I think it pacifies the beast in me. :roflblack:

lookerjdc
06-21-2013, 08:36 AM
having just returned from Maggie Valley..... Twisties, Twisties, Twisties

but now that I'm back home if Florida, the land of 209 miles with 4 curves..........

I do love riding along the ocean.... but damn I wish there were some twisties....... lol

Yazz
06-21-2013, 09:21 AM
Yazz,,, My guess is long distance..... of course only one that you do not like is the #$%^& hop.

I am with you on all except the one, but I do ride that one rather than the cage.

Love long distance riding for sure. As for #$%^& hops, when I get off Spydee, I look like something the cat drug in. On the road, it doesn't bother me. Around town, would rather cage it.

Drag Strip....

:firstplace: Been practicing and going to get more white dockets next year!

BajaRon
06-21-2013, 09:38 AM
Love long distance riding for sure. As for #$%^& hops, when I get off Spydee, I look like something the cat drug in. On the road, it doesn't bother me. Around town, would rather cage it.

:firstplace: Been practicing and going to get more white dockets next year!

I took some grief for not letting you beat me. :opps: Won't happen again!

bruiser
06-21-2013, 09:41 AM
having just returned from Maggie Valley..... Twisties, Twisties, Twisties

but now that I'm back home if Florida, the land of 209 miles with 4 curves..........

I do love riding along the ocean.... but damn I wish there were some twisties....... lol

You have twisties trying to avoid gators, pythons and blue hairs :roflblack:

Bob Denman
06-21-2013, 09:58 AM
You have twisties trying to avoid gators, pythons and blue hairs :roflblack:
Isn't that actually called a "Slalom Course"? ;)

PrairieSpyder
06-21-2013, 10:42 AM
Scenic touring... :thumbup:
But as long as I've got a set of handlebars in front of me, and an engine somewhere underneath me, I'm as happy as a clam in wet sand! :2thumbs: :ohyea:

:agree: I enjoyed the Dragon and the Rattler in NC, but I wouldn't want to ryde that way all the time. I would love to do more scenic touring. I rode interstates all the way to NC and back and it was grueling. I won't go the MV again unless I can afford to take more time along the way.

BajaRon
06-21-2013, 10:54 AM
:agree: I enjoyed the Dragon and the Rattler in NC, but I wouldn't want to ryde that way all the time. I would love to do more scenic touring. I rode interstates all the way to NC and back and it was grueling. I won't go the MV again unless I can afford to take more time along the way.

Try I-40 from East Tennessee to California and back! (2 days on the return trip).

PrairieSpyder
06-21-2013, 11:16 AM
Try I-40 from East Tennessee to California and back! (2 days on the return trip).

On my way home, it took me 3 hours to go 75 miles on I-40 east of Nashville due to road construction. During that time I went no more than 6 mph for several miles. On the other interstates, there was a lot of construction zones, but not nearly as long.

Bob Denman
06-21-2013, 11:43 AM
:shocked: Well that at least gives you a chance to play with the radio in an attempt to find something worth listening to! :thumbup:

oldgoat
06-21-2013, 11:56 AM
Leisurely cruising - scenic
Interstate to get to above.

asp125
06-21-2013, 11:57 AM
Interesting poll results.. I would think it is somewhat in proportion to the numbers of RT vs RS/ST owners.

Dragonrider
06-21-2013, 12:04 PM
How about NONE OF THE ABOVE?? My fav is long distance - multi-day - touring. That's as far from the Interstates/Turnpikes/Freeways as we can get. It also includes twisties, putting, exploring new territory, meeting new folks, discovering new places to eat/stay - generally going where you typically wouldn't go in your cage….

flaggerphil
06-21-2013, 12:29 PM
These days it's mostly scenic cruising, though I do a little bit of everything except drag racing.

Neez
06-21-2013, 12:30 PM
I love the twisties best, but not on a stock Spyder. Aftermarket swaybar, shocks and higher than average tire pressures make it happen. Prefer it to cornering a motorcycle, which I also enjoy. Anxious to try shock relocators and different rubber. Of course, the GS/RS/RSS models would be my choice.

Yazz
06-21-2013, 12:52 PM
I took some grief for not letting you beat me. :opps: Won't happen again!

Would rather beat you in a fair race than you letting me win. :thumbup:

BajaRon
06-21-2013, 01:33 PM
Would rather beat you in a fair race than you letting me win. :thumbup:

I know that. I was more afraid of what you'd do if you found out I threw the race than anything else!~ Besides, it really wasn't about winning or losing, it was about having fun! (you're buying that... Right?) :rolleyes:

Spyder601
06-21-2013, 02:23 PM
Maybe I'm the strange one here, but I love opening it up on the interstate for some night rides. :doorag:

All while listening to the song "running out of moonlight" by Randy Houser..

Just Saying!!

Bob Denman
06-21-2013, 02:29 PM
here you go! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_52.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMD9wFFEVvM

Jeriatric
06-21-2013, 02:37 PM
Couldn't check any of them.
Any ride, no matter the distance, is better than not riding at all. :doorag: :cheers:

Tho, the longer the better......especially when it's not on a super slab :thumbup:

ARtraveler
06-21-2013, 02:41 PM
I voted for leisure riding and scenic. My second would be touring. Most roads here include twisties, so I am fortunate to have that as an added bonus.

wyliec
06-21-2013, 03:04 PM
BajaRon, you messed up.

What is your favorite riding type? Most of us like a little of everything. But we each have our favorite.

Twisties
Long Distance Interstates
Leisurely Crusing-Scenic
Short Hops - Local City (Laconic)
Drag Strip

Bob Denman
06-21-2013, 05:23 PM
Any ride, no matter the distance, is better than not riding at all. :doorag: :cheers:

Tho, the longer the better......especially when it's not on a super slab :thumbup:
:agree: Yup! As I said; give some handlebars and an engine... :yes::ohyea::yes::ohyea: :2thumbs:

Yazz
06-21-2013, 05:25 PM
I know that. I was more afraid of what you'd do if you found out I threw the race than anything else!~ Besides, it really wasn't about winning or losing, it was about having fun! (you're buying that... Right?) :rolleyes:

Ron, you were a true gentleman for winning the race. And yeah, if I felt you threw a race...

Yup, I'm buying it! Had so much fun during the 'Test and Tune' that I almost ran out of gas. :yikes:

BajaRon
06-21-2013, 06:01 PM
Ron, you were a true gentleman for winning the race. And yeah, if I felt you threw a race...

Yup, I'm buying it! Had so much fun during the 'Test and Tune' that I almost ran out of gas. :yikes:

I DID run out of gas! And let me tell you, it's like hitting a light switch. You're fine and then you're done....

MikeinGA
06-21-2013, 10:18 PM
I like the twisties and my wife likes the leisurely crusing-scenic rides and we both like the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Mike

Spyder601
06-21-2013, 11:18 PM
here you go! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_52.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMD9wFFEVvM

Thats the one! Thanks Bob, Now I want to go for a quick ride around the block. See what you did :thumbup:

BajaRon
06-22-2013, 10:14 AM
Looks like the Leisurely Cruising - Scenic has it going away.

I know most of us enjoy all categories of riding and no one wants to do just one all of the time. But surely everyone has a favorite...