PDA

View Full Version : RT 622 wiring question.

DocLock
06-20-2013, 06:08 PM
I traded in my 2011 RT-Limited for a 2013 RT-S and have changed the wiring for the 2011 trailer with their wiring kit for the 2013 plug. Works fine. But I took the ball coupler off the end of the tongue to feed the new wiring down the tongue to the connector under the trailer. However, I didn't look at the routing close enough at the front of the tongue :pray:. Right now I have the wires coming over both of the bolts that hold the coupler to the front of the tongue. The front bolt had a large spacer with the safety cables on each side of the spacer. I am not sure that I should have run the wire over this spacer (as I have done now) or if it went over the bolt closest to the trailer and then out of the tongue before the spacer and the two safety cables. Could some one look at the path on their trailer and let me know how is is routed at the front of the tongue.

Thanks.

jthornton
06-20-2013, 06:20 PM
I traded in my 2011 RT-Limited for a 2013 RT-S and have changed the wiring for the 2011 trailer with their wiring kit for the 2013 plug. Works fine. But I took the ball coupler off the end of the tongue to feed the new wiring down the tongue to the connector under the trailer. However, I didn't look at the routing close enough at the front of the tongue :pray:. Right now I have the wires coming over both of the bolts that hold the coupler to the front of the tongue. The front bolt had a large spacer with the safety cables on each side of the spacer. I am not sure that I should have run the wire over this spacer (as I have done now) or if it went over the bolt closest to the trailer and then out of the tongue before the spacer and the two safety cables. Could some one look at the path on their trailer and let me know how is is routed at the front of the tongue.

Thanks.

I changed my wiring harness on my RT622 and IIRC the wires ran under everything... at least that is the way I put it back. But I think it depends on who put the trailer together...

JT

NancysToy
06-20-2013, 07:21 PM
On my 2011, which has never been modified, the cable runs over the top of the coupler bolts.