PDA

View Full Version : Dealings with Greenville, SC Powersports

spydercamp13
06-19-2013, 05:24 PM
Has anyone purchased a spyder from Powersports of Greenville, Sc? I'm going to purchase a Spyder and live close to dealership, just want to know how they are to deal with and there service after the sale. Thanks for any input.

DLewis
06-19-2013, 08:35 PM
PM member Spyd3r for his input. I think he may have delt with them. Would suggest you go to Performance here in Greenwood, but alas, they are going out of business:gaah:. I will SURELY miss them:(, great sales people, and service after the sale. One of the reasons I bought a Spyder, had a real competent dealer, less than a mile away.

Espionage
06-19-2013, 10:17 PM
I'm also wondering about this dealer. I will hopefully be purchasing a spyder by years end and they seem to be the only dealer near Greenville/Spartanburg.

diesel-dawg
06-19-2013, 10:20 PM
Has anyone purchased a spyder from Powersports of Greenville, Sc? I'm going to purchase a Spyder and live close to dealership, just want to know how they are to deal with and there service after the sale. Thanks for any input.

I am now trying Redline Powersports in Myrtle Beach, SC. Will see how well they perform. Seems like they have their act together. Don't know how close you are to them.

Ga Blue Knight
06-20-2013, 06:01 AM
PM member Spyd3r for his input. I think he may hve delt with them. Would suggest you go to Performance here in Greenwood, but alas, they are going out of business:gaah:. I will SURELY miss them:(, great sales people, and service after the sale. One of the reasons I bought a Spyder, had a real competent dealer, less than a mile away.

Well it's been four plus years of Spyders on the road and it seems that the Dealer network is sorting itself out. New dealers starting up but even more shutting down operations. There is a Spyder Dealer here in Augusta, Ga, Tomberlin Outdoor Sports, which is also a manufacturer of four wheelers (ATV's) as well as electric Golf Carts. They sell Can Am's, Polaris and their own Brand. I have bought two Spyders (09 RS & 12 RT) from them over the years and my Son one (09 RS). The management is easy to work with, honest and they schedule service appointments for same day service if possible. They only have one Spyder Tech and as you can imagine he keeps busy. If I had a major issue i would most likely take the bike to a larger dealer with more resources but for general maintenance and scheduled service checks they are ok. Augusta is not that far from Greenwood SC

DLewis
06-20-2013, 07:17 AM
Well it's been four plus years of Spyders on the road and it seems that the Dealer network is sorting itself out. New dealers starting up but even more shutting down operations. There is a Spyder Dealer here in Augusta, Ga, Tomberlin Outdoor Sports, which is also a manufacturer of four wheelers (ATV's) as well as electric Golf Carts. They sell Can Am's, Polaris and their own Brand. I have bought two Spyders (09 RS & 12 RT) from them over the years and my Son one (09 RS). The management is easy to work with, honest and they schedule service appointments for same day service if possible. They only have one Spyder Tech and as you can imagine he keeps busy. If I had a major issue i would most likely take the bike to a larger dealer with more resources but for general maintenance and scheduled service checks they are ok. Augusta is not that far from Greenwood SC
Plan on taking a trip your way on Sunday, to find them. (just to be a looky-loo and see exactly where they are) Performance Cycles recommended them first, then advised that I may want to try the dealer in Columbia, SC. About the same distance for me either way, but I do get to take the backroads to Augusta. Thanks for the second recommendation, I feel they will treat an owner right.