PDA

View Full Version : FYI: BRP dealerships can see inventory at other dealers

ARCTIC
06-19-2013, 11:10 AM
I was searching for a se5 shift trigger system so I can ride this weekend and remembered from my oil plug search that dealerships can EASILY see who has what parts in stock. I thought I should share this with my fellow spyder riders. It's just a matter of IF the parts guy will tell you. It must pop right up on their screen because the parts guy today told me there's one 100 miles away from his dealership without hesitation

Biosafena
06-19-2013, 11:19 AM
Agreed! When I was looking for a tie rod end for the swaybar, I stopped at Hattiesburg Cycles (great guys) and they told me they didn't have one and hat according to their system, no one in the state of Mississippi had one. The closest was in Alabama.

Sent from the corner of walk and don't walk....

ARCTIC
06-19-2013, 11:25 AM
Agreed! When I was looking for a tie rod end for the swaybar, I stopped at Hattiesburg Cycles (great guys) and they told me they didn't have one and hat according to their system, no one in the state of Mississippi had one. The closest was in Alabama.

This works very well for me because I can get parts mailed from Minnesota and Wisconsin to me next day through speedee shipping. I also think a dealer should get rewarded for carrying inventory

Bob Denman
06-19-2013, 11:27 AM
Interesting... :shocked:
Now we'll just have to see if all of the parts guys that we come in contact with, are sharing all of the information that they have available...
Thanks! :thumbup:

Biosafena
06-19-2013, 11:30 AM
I wonder if they are keeping this info a big secret to keep people from calling he stocking dealer and making the sale and having the part shipped, thus the dealer looses out on a sale.

ARCTIC
06-19-2013, 11:46 AM
I wonder if they are keeping this info a big secret to keep people from calling he stocking dealer and making the sale and having the part shipped, thus the dealer looses out on a sale.

That it's EXACTLY what most probably do. I doubt too many dealers are going to cut them in on a deal for stocked inventory. I can understand if they don't volunteer the info on stuff that is available for order from BRP but if it's backordered with BRP and they're holding out or not looking so they can make a few bucks at the expense of a customer sitting for weeks...... that's wrong.

Maybe we need a resident parts guy on here with access to the system giving us info:thumbup:

Biosafena
06-19-2013, 11:52 AM
I agree! And the time it takes for parts to arrive from wherever the wharehouse black hole is is just ridiculous. I just waited two weeks for two parts to show up while my bike sat. They were not back ordered or anything and it was a warranty repair. What I am going to suggest is that if the dealer knows it is going to take a certain number of days for a part to arrive from the mother ship and the customer wants it sooner, give them the option to pay the shipping to have it overnighted. I would have done this in a heartbeat!

Chupaca
06-19-2013, 12:02 PM
if you have good parts guys they keep contact with other dealers parts guys so as to have access to parts. We always offered to get the parts from other dealers for our customers if they wanted or had the time. It does take time and unfortunately it is not in the job description. I always ask them to check...:thumbup:

Copperman
06-19-2013, 01:12 PM
While at Lamont's BBQ, I was talking to the BRP rep and he had his notebook out and taking notes. Having just had my bike in the shop and waiting on parts, I asked about the waiting time for getting parts. He said because their warehouse is in a remote area there's no way to do overnight shipping. He also said they're (BRP) aware of that issue and later this year they're opening another warehouse (I forget where at but closer to a major metropolitan area) and will start overnighting parts to their dealers. That should make us a little happier. :yes::yes::yes:

Bob Denman
06-19-2013, 01:21 PM
It's good to know that they're taking notes... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/3/3_3_102.gif :2thumbs:

Biosafena
06-19-2013, 01:25 PM
Just a sarcastic comment, but who the bleep builds a wharehouse in the middle of nowhere to the point they can't offer overnight service??? I can overnight a package to Siberia if I want to, but BRP can't overnight from wherever they decided to place this structure? Brilliant. This must be one of those things that goes AC but not DC. With that said, I am glad to hear they are building a new facility. Just hope it is in some logical location, well stocked and while we are at it...counter service for walk-in customers would be just wonderful :)

ARtraveler
06-19-2013, 01:31 PM
Parts availability and customer service should go hand in hand. Hope the dealers and BRP start to get the concept.

Having to wait days or weeks because of a part is just plain wrong. The :spyder2: is a seasonal ryde in a lot of places and the waits for parts eat right into the customers ability to enjoy their :ani29:

oldgoat
06-19-2013, 04:43 PM
I wouldn't be suprised if the warehouse is in Plattsburgh NY. They do have something there.

Biosafena
06-19-2013, 06:42 PM
Actually, it will probably be in Grahamsville, NY. We can get daily progress reports and stock updates from "our man in the know " and if they don't do things right, I envision a one man picket line in front of the Mecca of BRP parts. :)

boborgera
06-19-2013, 08:06 PM
It's being built at this very moment, Just out side of Juarez Mexico....