PDA

View Full Version : Ride from Greenville, Part 1

captblack
06-19-2013, 08:52 AM
Heading back to Maggie Valley from Lamont's (actually it was on the 16th). Such a beautiful area so enjoy the sights ...

http://youtu.be/OWsbVb6Ih2E

Bob Ledford
06-19-2013, 09:14 AM
Capt. Black

That was the smoothest video I have seen yet!!!

How about some details to fill in some ???. Like what video camera mounting and anything else that might make me go buy one?

Thank you for posting. You got any more to come?

Daisyjoe
06-19-2013, 08:46 PM
Really enjoyed this video. What road were you on? Couldn't help but notice there was very little traffic. Also, what kind of camera did you use. Thanks again.

captblack
06-20-2013, 06:40 AM
Thanks for the feedback. We were heading back on Sunday AM, about 0900 and there was very little traffic. We really got to enjoy the sights and the smell of new cut hay that seemed to be everywhere. In the real twisty part, there was something in bloom that smelled so good - didn't want to ride out of it!

I use a Drift HD 170. mounted with RAM parts to the dash (thanks to Lamont for the placement idea!). The camera sits just above the right mirror and although I have tried other spots, I think this is my favorite for just enjoying the ride and the scenery.

I'll be posting another video of the lower end of NC 209 - the Rattler later this morning. :doorag: