PDA

View Full Version : my personal THANK YOU to BRP and Lamont

2Gunns
06-18-2013, 03:31 PM
BRP: As always you put on a class act. I know it's selfish of me, but if I could have my wish it would be held in Maggie Valley every year. Thank You for all you do.

Lamont: WOW ! My wife said this year....I don't care waht else we do, we're going to the BBQ. For you and you wife to open you home to a bunch of folks whose only connection is the Love of Spyders (Spyder Lovers)....let's just say that takes a special kind of a person. I wanted to shake your hand, but you seemed to have a "a fewthings going on". I truely hope blessing fall upon you and yours for many a moon.

All my Spyder Family: People always ask what this thing is, I say it's my Time Machine. Call it a Motorcycle, Bike, Roadster, Trike....who cares, for me it's a Transporter. This Spyder has brought Deb and I closer than we have been for years. Our time on rydes is our escape from the realities of life. Last April I was diognosed with cancer, something you don't expect to hear at 49, in May I had surgery and all has been positive. The doctors felt they got it all, and as soon as I was able, I was back on the RT....even made the BBQ last year (against doctor"s reccomndation). Tomorrow (on my Birthday) I will be having my post-one year checkup and while I've been having these every 3 months since surgery with positive results, the stress level is always high in the days leading up to the appointent. But for the last 5 days, we had an escape for that reality, no thoughts of cancer or needles or any of that fun stuff. We got to meet old freinds and make some new ones. We met locals, folk from across the state, across the contry and across the border. Now that's a medicine that does not come in a bottle and no doctor can prescribe!

Thank You ALL