PDA

View Full Version : Trailor 4 RT

Showie
06-18-2013, 01:05 PM
A friend of mine has a Bushtec trailer at a reasonable price to me. Wondering any of you have had any experience with them? Will the wiring hook BRP wiring? Thx in advance. Showie

Cruzr Joe
06-18-2013, 01:19 PM
A friend of mine has a Bushtec trailer at a reasonable price to me. Wondering any of you have had any experience with them? Will the wiring hook BRP wiring? Thx in advance. Showie

I will let others chime in on this BUT, to my knowledge the BRP wiring only fits BRP trailers, You can get around the wiring issues several ways though and i am sure some other bushtec owners will be happy to explain how they did it

Cruzr Joe

jthornton
06-18-2013, 01:38 PM
Do you have a trailer hitch now? If so what kind of connector do you have round or square?

If you don't have a BRP hitch now and you get new stock you will get the 4 pin square connector which is easy to find a trailer plug for and wire up.

JT

Big Arm
06-18-2013, 01:44 PM
I've been pulling my Bushtec for over three yrs. now with my '08GS. Bushtec sells an isolator that taps into the Spyders wiring. (tail lights, break, turn etc) no problem.

jthornton
06-18-2013, 02:12 PM
I've been pulling my Bushtec for over three yrs. now with my '08GS. Bushtec sells an isolator that taps into the Spyders wiring. (tail lights, break, turn etc) no problem.

Does the Bushtec have LED tail lights? I'm just wondering... if so then easy to wire up to the BRP plug if you use the BRP hitch.

JT

Big Arm
06-18-2013, 02:20 PM
Does the Bushtec have LED tail lights? I'm just wondering... if so then easy to wire up to the BRP plug if you use the BRP hitch.

JT

mine does not have LED lights

Showie
06-18-2013, 02:22 PM
It is a 1992. so I would say no. But will check. Hardly ever used ;). I have heard that before.:yes: This is an old friend of mine and he takes very good care of things. Looks like new. So I'm guessing this will not be as easy an installation but still doable? :spyder2:

jthornton
06-18-2013, 02:31 PM
It is a 1992. so I would say no. But will check. Hardly ever used ;). I have heard that before.:yes: This is an old friend of mine and he takes very good care of things. Looks like new. So I'm guessing this will not be as easy an installation but still doable? :spyder2:

Do you have a trailer hitch now on your Spyder?

I'll defer the floor to NancysToy about wiring and incandescent bulbs :bowdown:

JT

NancysToy
06-18-2013, 03:31 PM
The connection depends on both the trailer wiring and the type of hitch/harness you equip the Spyder with. Virtually anything can be made to work, it just takes the right connectors, adapter, or sometimes a little bit of trailer rewiring. Once you get the trailer and a hitch/harness in hand, give me a shout and we will work out the details.

jerpinoy
06-18-2013, 03:33 PM
All things are possible it may not be easy but persistance rule.:yes::yes::yes:

Big Arm
06-18-2013, 08:05 PM

My Bushtec is a '94 and still like new, You'll find that it pulls like there is nothing behind you. The Bushtec uses a 6 pin connector (not saying you can't cut it off) so you could check with Bushtec and see if they make an isolator for the RT.
Like I said, I have the GS and I had no trouble with the wiring....(retired electrician, 42 yrs :roflblack:)
Anyway the pins on the trailer are ...netural, left, right turn, run, break and a hot for the interior light. ( which should be in parellel with the run light, so it can't be accidently left on, while bike is off)