PDA

View Full Version : Mid-Michigan Spyders

dltang
06-11-2008, 09:56 AM
We have an official BRP Spyder club on the SpyderRyder website. It is Mid-Michigan Spyders. If you haven't joined yet, go ahead and add yourself to the list. Please email me at dltang@comcast.net with your contact info. One of the flaws in their club sites is that it only lists my contact info and show no way for me to contact members that join. I will be trying to organize some one day rides in the near future. My dealer Mike Nord of Nord-Ride has already said we can use his place for a meet up and have dogs and soda. We have a new Spyder friend that owns a Dairy Queen in the thumb area. So I am thinking of a nice day ride in the Thumb and don't forget the UP ride in August. Here's the link to sign up for the clubs. http://spyderryder.brp.com/spyder-community/en-US/Club/OwnersClubs.html Don't forget Lamonster has an official SpyderLovers club too.
Deb

daddydarko
06-11-2008, 10:05 AM
Missing the link...

:)

dltang
06-11-2008, 10:10 AM
Missing the link...

:)

Now try

Mr K
07-02-2008, 06:28 AM
Not sure if this the correct place and feel free to correct me if needed ok

Looking for other Michigan Spyder Bike owners? Live just west of Detroit ans want to know if other riders are around maybe hook up and go on some rides?

Also anyone know of some of these big charity rides going on that a group or person can join in on?

NancysToy
07-02-2008, 06:43 AM
Not sure if this the correct place and feel free to correct me if needed ok

Looking for other Michigan Spyder Bike owners? Live just west of Detroit ans want to know if other riders are around maybe hook up and go on some rides?

Also anyone know of some of these big charity rides going on that a group or person can join in on?
We're from Michigan, but unfortunately half way across the state in Battle Creek. Haven't hooked up with too many yet, and no Spyder rydes, but hope to see you, dltang, bjt, and the others sometime soon. Did meet daddydarko at the Gilmore Car Museum a few weeks back. Welcome!
-Scotty

Mr K
07-02-2008, 06:54 AM
Sweet i did that already please keep me posted like to meet other riders and talk about these machines. The do' and the Do not

Rando
07-02-2008, 07:22 AM
Hey Mr. K,

I live on Hannan Road. You must be the one who lives on Wabash. I also have a yellow Spyder.

Rando

PS Enable your private messaging and I will send you my email and or phone number.

Mr K
07-02-2008, 07:29 AM
Holly cow yes you are correct
Your wife I think it was your wife stopped me in the middle of the road the day o got mine while giving my wife a ride..

Crazy Yes i have a yello one also they are sweet. Like to hook up if you want .

Mr K
07-02-2008, 07:31 AM
i think i got it set now let me know ok

Rando
07-02-2008, 07:33 AM
Every Tuesday there is a bike night in Belleville. 6-8PM at Paula's Home Cooking located near the Secretary of States office.

Let's hook up!

Mr K
07-02-2008, 07:38 AM
just sent you a private msg see if that work i will go into setting and see what i have or have not turned on ok

dltang
07-02-2008, 08:02 AM
Okay guys, Rando, Scotty, daddydarko, Mr. K, and any other Michigan Spyder owners. We need to pick a day and a place that is somewhat centrally located and have us a ride. I also know a couple that live in Brighton and a guy from the Howell area and of course bjt and I are from Grand Blanc. So any ideas on a Sat. or Sunday afternoon that we would all be available and good locations. Pickney, Mason, Waterloo Rec area all seem to be somewhat centrally located to most of us. Or if anyone knows of some good rides, Rando mentioned a ride from Farmington to MIS in Brooklyn that sounds like fun but I don't have any info on that as of now. Let's figure this out guys, summer is short. Also, the UP ride is coming up and we have 5 rooms booked so far with about 7 Spyders going and a few bikes, so get your reservations if you plan on joining for that ride as well.

BRPjunkie
07-02-2008, 09:18 AM
All of those destinations would work for me in Jackson.

dltang
07-02-2008, 09:23 AM
All of those destinations would work for me in Jackson.

Hey BRP, sorry I left you out. I was trying to remember if you were a Michigan Spyder or not. We will get it going soon, I promise. Just looking for date suggestions. I know we can't always please everyone but we will try and get the majority of us together.
Deb

Mr K
07-02-2008, 10:47 AM
Sounds great to me Sunday's work for me the best until i get done with school that is. Just throwing that out.

Mr K
07-04-2008, 02:36 PM
what city do some of the michigan syder owners live in other then Romulus.

Was think maybe we could hook up on a Sunday take a ride to Hockey Town Cafe. They seen to have roof parking for bike riders on the patio.

That might be fun ride good eats and looks of looks. What are your toughts

dltang
07-04-2008, 10:57 PM
what city do some of the michigan syder owners live in other then Romulus.

Was think maybe we could hook up on a Sunday take a ride to Hockey Town Cafe. They seen to have roof parking for bike riders on the patio.

That might be fun ride good eats and looks of looks. What are your toughts

That is one idea, but it makes it hard to actually go riding when you are right in Detroit. I was also thinking about Waterloo Rec. area southwest of Ann Arbor. bjt and I are from Grand Blanc, another couple we know that like to ride but isn't on the forum is from Brighton, I have also been contacted by a gentleman from Howell and a couple from Lapeer. Scotty is from Battle Creek and I'm not sure about daddydarko. You and Rando are from Romulus so Waterloo just seems sort of centrally located. I have never been there though and I don't know what the area is like for riding. I am open to all suggestions.
Deb

Mr K
07-05-2008, 06:43 AM
Sure Waterloo is fine just lets us know when.

pretty much open to all

BRPjunkie
07-05-2008, 07:31 AM
Waterloo area would be fine for Jackson Or, we could always go to Hell.

bjt
07-05-2008, 07:35 AM
Waterloo area would be fine for Jackson Or, we could always go to Hell.

That is where we ended up going with the couple from Brighton when we met them a few weeks back. They took us to see the local celebrity, the Michigan Survivor, who works / worked at Screams.

nancyemh
07-05-2008, 07:52 AM
Man, I'm getting jealous! :( I don't think there are that many spyders in Ohio yet. You guys are gonna have such a great time ryding together!!

dltang
07-05-2008, 07:56 AM
Man, I'm getting jealous! :( I don't think there are that many spyders in Ohio yet. You guys are gonna have such a great time ryding together!!

Nancy,
Ohio is not that far away, join us. If not for a day ride, how about the UP ride on Aug. 1-3? It is going to be fun and just relaxing.
Deb

BRPjunkie
07-05-2008, 08:29 AM
A friend and I made the run from Hell to Paradise and back. Two day trip. Screams proprietor told us it was 666 miles round trip. We took some side trips so we can't confirm. Not many states where you can literally ride from Hell to Paradise.

NancysToy
07-05-2008, 09:42 AM
A friend and I made the run from Hell to Paradise and back. Two day trip. Screams proprietor told us it was 666 miles round trip. We took some side trips so we can't confirm. Not many states where you can literally ride from Hell to Paradise.
No, but I've heard that a bad apple can go the other direction very quickly. :D
-Scotty