PDA

View Full Version : Windshield suggestions

teacherbob
06-11-2008, 09:34 AM
I know this topic has been discussed at length on the forum. But, I finally picked up my Spyder from Reno's Yamaha last Friday. I definitely want to put on a taller windshield. I'm 6'2" and the wind is really blasting me at highway speeds. I know that several of you have had your Spyders for awhile and have tried different windshields. Just wondering what is working best for everyone ?
Thanks,
TeacherBob

Lamonster
06-11-2008, 09:58 AM
I know that a lot of folks were disappointed with the Touring windshield from BRP but it's working just fine for me and Ron said we did 2700 miles in 5 days and he has the stock shield and he had no complaints. I think too many people don't want any wind at all and to me that takes away from one of the reasons I ride. A little wind is a good thing. ;D :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

bjt
06-11-2008, 11:03 AM
I have the Marcel Evo II and dltang has the F1. We are both happy with them but they are not perfect. The Evo cut the wind and noise out great for me, however I need the Evo cut down about 3 inches because I end up looking through it about 80% or the time at it's current height. That is okay for daytime riding, even in the rain, but in the evening when it's raining or when the bugs get splattered on it.... :-[ :yikes: :cus:

dltang thinks she might want her F1 about an inch higher but she needs to do a bit more testing / research.

She wants to leave her F1 on all the time but I am back to the stock windshield now that I am not going to be riding any farther than around town or short trips for the next month or two. I like the stock shield or even the touring shield for riding up to 50 - 55 MPH. If I am riding on a 6 hour or longer expressway trip, I'll put the Evo back on.