PDA

View Full Version : INVALUABLE INFORMATION for AAA Premium RV members

murphybrown
06-17-2013, 12:09 PM
Hi folks: I was just working on my reimbursement claim with AAA for when I broke down. What I discovered you MUST DO IMMEDIATELY if you want to receive the reimbursement for trip interruption: Even though I broke down on a Sat. evening and dealer did not open until Monday a.m. And I was only 1/2 block from the motel (easy push)...
#1 MOST IMPORTANT: Call AAA and get a tow/rollback to closest motel. That would have given me proof that I broke down. Then on Monday when dealer available call for second tow...then all would have been peachey keen to receive the reimbursement for interruption of trip. Because I would have had documentation. She said the second best would be to call police and have them write a statement that you were disabled and waiting for dealership to open.
What they needed was proof that I was truly disabled and just not partying hearty for the weekend!!! I understand their position. Sometimes my "taking care of self" bites me in the butt..

So now you have the information and will know how to "play the game"....

Beautiful day in the Chelan Valley...but paperwork is getting my attention today...so Ms Spyder is staying parked.

Have an awesome day...:thumbup:

Jeriatric
06-17-2013, 12:29 PM
fine print

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4qAUjjt3fodFPFYijBogj4FymkWi_d 66U3DOqcoQUSTKRO_jO

ARCTIC
06-17-2013, 12:39 PM
OR.... Tell them that it wouldn't start Monday and have the "incident" occur on Monday morning :thumbup:

murphybrown
06-17-2013, 01:27 PM
OR.... Tell them that it wouldn't start Monday and have the "incident" occur on Monday morning :thumbup:
By their rules Monday became the official day of my problem. But that meant that Saturday and Sunday Miscellaneous expenses were not reimbursable. AAA IMHO is a great product.

ARCTIC
06-17-2013, 02:04 PM
By their rules Monday became the official day of my problem. But that meant that Saturday and Sunday Miscellaneous expenses were not reimbursable. AAA IMHO is a great product.

Oooooooo......... I get it now. I'm evidently slow from the weekend

wyliec
06-17-2013, 02:10 PM
So you had to lose one of your yearly tows to go a few blocks? I have AAA Premium/RV and I just noticed it's one 200 mile tow and 3 remaining tows up to 100 miles. Two years ago when I joined I thought it was 5 tows, two at 200 miles. Did it change or am I wrong?

I take it that you don't have the BEST warranty with roadside assistance. I purchased AAA even though I have the BEST b/c $200 doesn't get you very far with a tow.

Thanks for the info.

murphybrown
06-17-2013, 04:50 PM
So you had to lose one of your yearly tows to go a few blocks? I have AAA Premium/RV and I just noticed it's one 200 mile tow and 3 remaining tows up to 100 miles. Two years ago when I joined I thought it was 5 tows, two at 200 miles. Did it change or am I wrong?

I take it that you don't have the BEST warranty with roadside assistance. I purchased AAA even though I have the BEST b/c $200 doesn't get you very far with a tow.

Thanks for the info.
yes I have BEST also but like you said that is about 30-40 miles. Knowing what I know now I would have had BEST take ms Spyder to motel parking lot. Then on Monday went on the AAA ride!!! Not sure how many tows we get. Think I will verify

Sarge707
06-17-2013, 04:52 PM
Foremost Also has a $500 trip interruption- something like so much for Motel,Meals, taxi per day up to $500.:yes:

Chupaca
06-17-2013, 07:20 PM
sadly..me included, we only read what we get and not the details. Have had AAA for ever since I came to stay in America (some 29 years) and have called them 3 times. My big benefit has been maps, guides, discounts at hotels, motels, and theme parks food etc. Will have to go by and find the details..!! :thumbup:

SpyderAnn01
06-17-2013, 08:22 PM
Would they take your postings here on SL as proof that you broke down?

Kungfuspyder
06-17-2013, 08:39 PM
So AAA only works during business days M-F and weekends don't count. You break down on the weekend your hosed, and don't immediately report it, they seem to always find someway to get out of something when it comes to $$$.

murphybrown
06-17-2013, 10:15 PM
Would they take your postings here on SL as proof that you broke down?
Good thought I will find out. Red angel also said to get service dept that fixed to write statement that I left them message that I would be in when they opened...just love you awesome people. Thks for ideas. I will pursue all avenues and keep you informed. I called AAA number back and told him the issue the reimbursement is an entirely different division he knew nothing about the guidelines..he said to submit all my receipts to him and he would take it to the board for review. He said we have a record that you called several times on sat and sun and then 3 am mon am when I finally ordered rollback pick up. Well this has become a challenge/puzzle to solve...one step/piece at a time...:thumbup: