PDA

View Full Version : “The truth doesn't have versions, it just is.”

Jeriatric
06-16-2013, 07:15 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIzBXOQ_h861yZG_elNnW2xefZoAWoh PJRpRNXRTTYtWv9Kz5h

“People have the right to think and say whatever they want to. But you have the right not to take it to heart, and not to react.”
Dr. Phillip C. McGraw

Buttsy
06-16-2013, 07:29 PM
:hun: I assume this is just a random thought amongst random thoughts..................:dontknow: Must admit Dr. Phil has always seemed to have an amazing grasp of the obvious?

Jeriatric
06-16-2013, 07:34 PM
:hun: I assume this is just a random thought amongst random thoughts..................:dontknow: Must admit Dr. Phil has always seemed to have an amazing grasp of the obvious?

That's all it is.

A little :coffee:with a :chill: pill. ;)

OldCowboy
06-16-2013, 07:35 PM
Everyone can have their own beliefs but no one is entitled to their own facts.

Buttsy
06-16-2013, 07:36 PM

Thank You Dr. OldCowboy.......I like it!:doorag:

Bob Denman
06-16-2013, 08:02 PM
:shocked: This is deep... Perhaps TOO deep for my shallow mind! :shocked:

Chupaca
06-16-2013, 11:59 PM
but I'm holding my breath cause I think I'm going under..!! :roflblack:

wyliec
06-17-2013, 06:21 AM
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Socrates (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/s/socrates.html)

Some of the threads/posts lately on spyderlovers would indicate this is very true.

Bob Denman
06-17-2013, 07:04 AM
:gaah: THAT DOES IT! :gaah:
I'm going back to bed! :shocked:

Bob Denman
06-17-2013, 08:04 AM
There are about a gazillion shades of gray in this World...
And a lot of folks only want to see the Black and White of it. :shocked:

Jeriatric
06-17-2013, 08:09 AM
“There are three kinds of men. The ones that learn by readin’. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.”

Will Rogers

shelbydave
06-17-2013, 09:12 AM
"Perception is reality"

That is why the "truth" is so clouded...

Our reality, or truth, is guided by our perception. Unfortunately, even for Dr. Phil, he has a belief structure that at times can cause him to NOT be impartial...

OldCowboy
06-17-2013, 10:45 AM
A classic example of a nuanced truth is the answer to the question "Does this article of clothing make my butt look big?"

The correct answer to that question is, "The clothing has nothing to do with it!" :yikes: :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
06-17-2013, 10:46 AM
You just need to get a good prime on the pump...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=359WqLwzEYo
:roflblack:

JkRbbt
06-17-2013, 02:57 PM
I don't know! My brother has been a cop for nearly 20 years and he told me he doesn't believe anything he hears and only HALF of what he SEES! So, what is the truth?? :dontknow:

Jeriatric
06-17-2013, 03:06 PM
I don't know! My brother has been a cop for nearly 20 years and he told me he doesn't believe anything he hears and only HALF of what he SEES! So, what is the truth?? :dontknow:

Life in the trenches, in time, would do that to anyone. nojoke

Bob Denman
06-17-2013, 05:06 PM
The truth; is what other folks will believe, when you can tell it with a straight face! :D

bruisersbaby
06-17-2013, 08:12 PM
Where are Master Po and Grasshopper when you need them? :roflblack:

Jeriatric
07-08-2013, 01:31 PM
NOT A THREAD HIJACK

Absolutely true story that was, to my great joy, verified on MythBusters.

When I was sixteen my father was as dumb or dumber than a sack of hammers.
I was amazed just how much he learned after my 21st Birthday, but I digress...

We were out in the woods along a fence line and I had to pee.
He warned me that I was about to pee on an electric fence.
In an act of sheer defiance I steeled myself and let go right against the wire.

Nothing happened.
Nada.
Zilch.

Verified that the old man was indeed as dumb as I thought.
He reached over grabbed the wire and got jolted off his feet.

It seems that the, uh stream, is really a series of unconnected droplets, no conduction path exists.

Brooklyn man electrocuted while relieving himself on subway's third rail

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/07/08/man-electrocuted-and-killed-while-relieving-himself-on-subway-third-rail/?test=latestnews

reverendg
07-08-2013, 01:50 PM
Problem is, with that Dr. Phil guy, he twists opinions into facts so as to exert his opinion as fact. Person X did this....that is a fact. Person X did this therefore they must have wanted to hurt Person Y.......introducing biased opinion as a claimed fact. But it makes for good TV apparently.

Jeriatric
07-08-2013, 01:58 PM
Problem is, with that Dr. Phil guy, he twists opinions into facts so as to exert his opinion as fact. Person X did this....that is a fact. Person X did this therefore they must have wanted to hurt Person Y.......introducing biased opinion as a claimed fact. But it makes for good TV apparently.

Some would call that an edjercated opinion. Some wouldn't.

Reality TV......life has never been easy, but it has most certainly been simpler. nojoke

Bob Denman
07-08-2013, 02:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDY-0ijiOEQ
Now I've collected some experience with this sort of... thing over the years... :opps:

Peeing on an electric fence is way different than trying to cook yourself on the third rail...
For starters; the electrifed wires for a fence are WAY closer to "ground-Zero" on a young chap than the third rail would be to tutle! :yikes:

Second: maintaining a solid and unbroken... stream... is what it takes to end-up learning a few new dance steps out in the field...
Now my Grampa Denman had an electric fence that kept some dairy cows close to home... those critters always got a good laugh at us when we'd show up; all set to do something... kidlike, to the fence! :opps: ;)

reverendg
07-08-2013, 02:24 PM
electric fences don't have much current running through them, high voltage at low amperage provides a nice shock but isn't designed to be lethal. The third rail is designed to power a train system, and as such has to provide a lot of current.

Bob Denman
07-08-2013, 06:14 PM
Will there be free "Hydraulic Sandwiches", with which to power the competitors? :D