PDA

View Full Version : 51 Spyders a day

2faston3
06-10-2008, 09:43 PM
Yes, you read it right. I attended the Valcourt Spyder Homecoming and asked the question! How many spyders do you make an hour. He said " 5.8 and hour" And I asked do you work shifts? No he said just "7.5 hrs a day".

So that makes 51 spyders made in one day...

Just sayin....

2faston3

BRPjunkie
06-10-2008, 09:54 PM
That's the first answer from any source regarding their production level. They certainly have room to up production if they wanted to. Put in an eight hour day and they can make two more buyers happy every day.

bjt
06-10-2008, 11:16 PM
Okay..... More confusion from BRP? When I was in the tour, Martin, the plant manager, told us that they can build 80 Spyders per day and they are working towards 85 per day. Currently though, they are only building 40 per day as they are having a supplier issue with getting enough parts to support the higher rate. He said they are building at this reduced rate simply by only loading every other frame carrier on the conveyor. I verified this by looking at the conveyor chain and seeing that they were leaving a one job gap on the chain.

captainryder
06-11-2008, 07:28 AM
I'm glad you noticed that the factory can produce more Spyders. When they get that parts supplier(s) problem fixed, there seems to be still more than enough orders outstanding to step up production.

Hmm.. wonder what parts.... maybe it's red paint! ;D