PDA

View Full Version : My Introduction to the "Nanny" -- THANK YOU

Spyder_Cowgirl
06-15-2013, 09:23 PM
Was riding home from the MSF Trike class this afternoon (about 50 miles). Heading SE on US 287 between Wichita Falls and Bowie, TX ... before I left WF, hubby texted that was raining pretty good at home but that it should be gone by the time I get there. :pray: OK ... so I'm really concentrating on some of the techniques covered in class (Search, Evaluate, Execute) when I notice that a ways ahead cars are swerving as if getting pushed from the left side (very brief, but noticeable).:yikes: I can see that the thunderstorms hubby mentioned are now to my east and they look to be collapsing (meaning potential for dangerous winds). I decide to move into the left lane as there is plenty of room in front, behind, and to the side .... :chat:. As I approach the area where I saw CARS get "pushed", I'm hit with a brief / sudden wind from the side and find myself in the right lane -- I swear, it felt as if the spyder had just been picked up a moved!nojoke What I do know is that miss nanny took me out of cruise control (no limp) and I'm pretty sure she did so to get a wheel back on the ground.:clap:

Scared the :cus: out of me! Once past this one spot, rode on to Bowie and got gas, then home -- all without incident, though I notice my hands shaking as I got set to gas up. I would not have wanted that wind to hit me on two wheels!

Ride Safe .... Ann

Chupaca
06-15-2013, 09:32 PM
that she works and is a help even though you will hear complaints. Glad you got something from the class and mostly made it home safely...:ohyea:

ARtraveler
06-15-2013, 09:34 PM
There are some complaints about "nanny"--but she does come through in the clutch sometimes. Saved me from hydroplanning twice. Glad to hear you came through all right.

witty
06-15-2013, 09:41 PM
Thank God you are ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bowdown:

Bob Denman
06-16-2013, 07:36 AM
:yikes: It sure makes you glad that the gust wasn't any stronger... :yikes:
AK's right; we complain about the old girl, but she does work hard to keeps us from making Page 1 :2thumbs:

PistonBlown
06-16-2013, 08:06 AM
Few days ago coming around a fast corner through woods to find the usual New Zealand approach to road works i.e. dig a hole, fill it with gravel, let vehicles drive over it for a couple of weeks to flatten it down, tar over it. It was at the flattening down stage and there was no chance to brake or swerve. Well all that happened was the back wheel stepped out and nanny sorted it all out and kept me from joining the scenery. If I'd hit that on a bike at that speed it would have been game over rover. So definitely a big thank you nanny.