PDA

View Full Version : Spyderpops Skid plate paid for itself today !

Riker
06-15-2013, 04:03 PM
Just went out and surveyed the strike. As your looking from the front, it hit about 6 inches left of center. Based on the way the muck and splatter was, it appears the skid plate did an amazing job. It cut/pushed it out to the left under the a-arm. After exiting from under the a-arm, there was muck on the rt side radiator cover and spatter on the highway peg. There was no impact with the front of the Spyder, the skid plate took it all. I was cruising down the highway at about 70-75 mph. Just as I go to pass a cager, there is a huge piece of road kill in my path ( assuming deer ). At this point I could not avoid it, so I tried to get it to the inside of the wheel. Thinking about it now, was probably better I hit the skid plate, as large as this piece it was. I stood up on the pegs some for the impact, thinking there was going to be a bounce, but apparently it sliced right through it ( I was lucky I think ). As I looked back in the mirror, the large chunk, plus the one I sheared off were tumbling behind me. Took the hose to it and all is ok..... Thank you guardian angel:thumbup:, and Spyderpops :thumbup::thumbup:

rayeade
06-15-2013, 04:44 PM
I have not tried out my Spyderpops Skid Plate yet but it is nice to hear your story to know it works as it is supposed to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Riker
06-15-2013, 04:51 PM
It scared the living @$#@$@! out of me:yikes: I didn't like the fact that I had very little control. It was there in front of me within a split second....

Tango
06-15-2013, 08:59 PM
What did you hit? :yikes: Tom :trike:

Riker
06-16-2013, 06:48 AM
It was a big chunk of road kill ( I am guessing deer )....:dontknow:

AbNormy
06-16-2013, 07:12 AM
:thumbup:

From Deep in the Hart of Texas!

ABQAndy
06-16-2013, 07:18 AM
Sounds like it stood up to it's name "Critter Splitter" !!

pwm
06-16-2013, 07:38 AM
Got my SpyderPops in the box and installing today.

greendean
06-16-2013, 08:13 AM
Never heard of the spyderpops I do have the warning whistles on mine I ride at 3:30 am and deer and coons and possum are regular on the 12mile stretch to work. I assume they work I have not seen any on the road since I put them on. Hitting a roadkill is not on my list I'm sure the experience was an adrenaline rush to say the least. I'm always concerned about debris and large pot holes. Glad you are OK and your Spyder as well.:clap:

Don in E Texas
06-16-2013, 09:05 AM
Just trying to imagine what the end result would have been had you been riding a motorcycle? :yikes: Thank goodness for three wheels. (Free on Three) :bowdown: