PDA

View Full Version : Chance Encounter...

SpyRyd
06-15-2013, 03:28 PM
Pulled into a parking space at a local eatery while at the OE and asked the white bearded gentleman and the charming lady passenger on the Spyder they had just parked if I may share their parking space. They graciously agreed and we chit chatted while taking off our helmets, gloves, etc. As we were walking towards the door the white bearded gentleman asked if I was alone, I replied yes, and he asked me to join them for breakfast. As we were chatting while awaiting our order, I suddenly realized that the white bearded gentleman with a name tag around his neck with "Fred" spelled out in big bold letters was none other that the famous Fred Rau. The charming lady passenger was his bride, Cherrie. I really enjoyed talking with Fred and Cherrie. I'm here to tell ya they are really swell, down to earth, absolutely super people. I feel blessed to have met them...it was the highlight of my OE experience. To top it off, Fred treated me for breakfast. Like Louie said "What a Wonderful Day" and it was because I met Fred and Cherrie Rau!

ARtraveler
06-15-2013, 03:31 PM
You meet the nicest people on a :spyder2: :thumbup:

Bob Denman
06-15-2013, 06:44 PM
:agree: :2thumbs: