PDA

View Full Version : Red Spyders

dbnc
06-10-2008, 04:41 PM
There has been a ton of questions about the SE5 release date but I was wondering if anyone who went to Homecoming heard any news on SM5's in red being released.. I'm sure they will meet their certificate dates but was hoping they would be released early like June or July...

Congrats to everyone who attented homecoming the pics and stories were awesome.. :congrats:

daddydarko
06-11-2008, 06:03 AM
A red Spyder? An atrocity, I say!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3098/2556884195_9537c5b939.jpg?v=0

shunkmanitu
06-11-2008, 08:21 AM
A red Spyder? An atrocity, I say!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3098/2556884195_9537c5b939.jpg?v=0

Last three Honda bikes AND my Subaru have all been RED! Also, Oyate Iktome :spyder: Luta is a well known family among my friends. I have NO choice!!

captainryder
06-12-2008, 05:29 PM
Another post today states his dealer has promised a Red SE5 by August.

I just hope that any color SE5 will be available earlier than the September. Whether it is an SM5 or SE5, red seems to be one "part" that is missing so far. Did anybody see any red plastic parts in the factory?

Another question, to those at Valcourt, alot of trailers with crates loaded on them were just about 50 yards from where some of you parked. Did anybody wander over there and look at the crates? I was wondering if there was any description / identification symbols or words on the outside of a Spyder crate that would have told you if these were all going (1) to North America or Europe, and (2) perhaps a color of the Spyder inside?

From an aerial picture it looks like there were about 36 Spyders to a trailer and I see 3 trailers loaded. That's about 3 days production based on somebody's report from Valcourt.

bjt
06-12-2008, 06:41 PM
I didn't go over to the trailers but I can tell you there were way more than 36 Spyders crated. Those ones you noticed were on trailers but there was a huge lot across the street (or was it around the corner?) from the factory and there may have been hundreds of Spyders crated (along with Ski-doos, Sea-doos, etc.). It was hard to tell from that distance but I could make out the Can-Am Roadster lettering on the side of those crates. While going through the factory tour, probably 70 - 80 % of those Spyders were European models. I only remember seeing one or two North American frames on the line, all the rest were European. And the two that they were running through the dyno test were European models. I think they had one or two North American models in the crating area. Oh, and every one was either silver or yellow. We were told that they run either European or North American Spyders in batches, like 10 Euro, 10 N.A. or 20 Euro, 30 N.A. Something like that. I think their model mix changes daily so don't quote me on those numbers.

dbnc
06-12-2008, 09:51 PM
I HAVE TRIED MY BEST TO WAIT BUT i THINK THE WAIT WILL BE OVER SOON..

Found a used PE and if i can get the distance thing worked out tomm will be riding real soon..