PDA

View Full Version : BRP Headset and Sena SMH10 at the same time

harrypottar
06-14-2013, 09:51 AM
Can the Sena SHMH10 be mounted on the left side of the helmet, the BRP as to be on the right.

Looking at wiring my Helmet with both.

I know this sounds like a odd thing to want to do so I will explain.

I have 2012 RT Limited with all the goodies, CB, Intercom, GPS, Radio etc with two sets of wired BRP headsets.

I have my iPhone paired with the Zumo 660 GPS, I can listen to 'my' music, GPS or 'my' Phone all wired to the Spyder.

My wife as the same head set in her Helmet which allows us to talk and share the music, CB.

However here's the rub, my wife want access to her own iPhone so she can receive calls and listen to her Audio Books while on the Spyder.

Thoughts are to remove the BRP head set from her helmet and install a Sena SMH10, she can pair that with her own Phone and listen to her own music/audio books and receive calls all from the comfort of the back seat.

We would lose intercom, maybe not a bad thing but I don't want to back to kidney punch communication.

So thought about putting a set of SHM10 in my helmet along side the BRP wired one, as I don't want to lose the CB, Radio. I realize I could pair the phone and GPS directly to the SHM10. But the thought is leaving the BRP as is and just using the SHM10 as intercom.

Stupid idea? any other suggestions. Also tried using the iPhone ear buds/mic along side the BRP head set but tis as issues.

harry