PDA

View Full Version : Starting problems

Ronbo
06-14-2013, 05:07 AM
After long,hot runs yesterday at Maggie valley yesterday, 2013 wouldn't start. Acted like it wasn't getting fuel. Let it cool ten minutes; starts and runs fine. Vapor lock Bad fuel? Ethanol?

Bob Denman
06-14-2013, 07:18 AM
:agree: Ask the "Techxperts" what they think...
I've never experienced it with mine, but vapor lock sounds reasonable...
Ethanol on it's own, won't cause the problem

Have you seen any indications of boiling fuel? :shocked:

Chupaca
06-14-2013, 11:12 AM
great place to get answers and let us know..!! But if you were low on fuel it will boil faster and pressure may not be released fast enough..if ryding in high heat try to keep fuel levels up. Enjoy the event..!! :thumbup:

Jeriatric
06-14-2013, 11:19 AM
Unlikely a vapor lock. Electric fuel pumps would push air/if any, through the system.

Sounds like an over heated sensor. That said, if it was, it should have thrown a code or indicated as much on the screen.

Might be worth checking batt. connections and relays for seating.

Highwayman2013
06-14-2013, 12:27 PM
There are plenty of gas stations in that area with E0(no ethenol) gas, try some.

TuckMiddle
06-14-2013, 03:28 PM
I believe you,re the gent we helped out at the station right before the falls. I suggested you get right over to the tent lat night, but the guys at the tent said they hadn't seen you. Last we saw, after doing the key away from the bike thing, putting some oil in and help from several of our other folks too, you were at the falls, doing well. Sorry your troubles popped up, but the key thing is often the solution. I looked for you today, but it was pretty crowded.
Hope all goes well on the way home. If not, find the nearest dealer and get it over there. Proper setup by the dealer seems to be the best way for you to avoid any computer or most any other problem.
Best
Tuck

Ronbo
06-14-2013, 06:22 PM
Thanks EveryoneTopped off gas and oil, took the key for a.walk away from the spyder, tried to get curds and whey fuel additive from mrs muffet, but she was frightened away by the spyder. Seriously, thanks for the help, no problems since then.Ronbo