PDA

View Full Version : trip---rain-----seat-----

Elembytes
06-13-2013, 09:25 PM
I was thinking of pulling our Spyder down to Branson, MO to go visit a friend down there for 3 days.

It is supposed to rain the day we are leaving.

How much water do the Spyder "STOCK" seats absorb? Is there anything we can do to keep it from getting soaked while being towed on the open utility trailer? I thought of wrapping it in like a plastic trash back but am afraid at 70 mph- the winds would shred the bag really quick.

Any insight, experiences would be greatly appreciated!

;):bowdown:

Jeriatric
06-13-2013, 09:37 PM
Lift the seat, wrap it, and add some duct tape. Should be fine. Just don't leave any little ends that can buffet/rub in the wind.

Motorcycledave
06-13-2013, 09:48 PM
Do what the other guy said works fine.

I was thinking of pulling our Spyder down to Branson, MO to go visit a friend down there for 3 days.

It is supposed to rain the day we are leaving.

How much water do the Spyder "STOCK" seats absorb? Is there anything we can do to keep it from getting soaked while being towed on the open utility trailer? I thought of wrapping it in like a plastic trash back but am afraid at 70 mph- the winds would shred the bag really quick.

Any insight, experiences would be greatly appreciated!

;):bowdown:

Chupaca
06-13-2013, 10:40 PM
if it's an RS or have a seat with no stitching they don't absorb any water otherwise as stated above wrap the seat. You'll be fine..!! Have a safe trip and enjoy the visit..!! :thumbup: