PDA

View Full Version : Pull behind motorcycle trailers ??

SFC
06-13-2013, 09:09 PM
I have been looking for an inexpensive pull behind cargo trailer. I looked at the Harbor Freight but it seems not that well made. I have saw a post by a Gold Wing rider who bought a "Piggy Backer XL" he loves it and speaks highly of it. They Cost $950 and do seem better than the Harbor Freight. Does any one own one and how long ? Can any one give their thoughts. I know you get what you pay for but I only expect a few thousand miles per year and the room would be fine 16 cf. I will have to put on a different wire hook up. They look good see http://www.piggybacker.com

CurtG
06-13-2013, 10:15 PM
I bought a Piggbacker XL this spring. Good bunch of folks, kept me informed on shipping etc. Always answered any questions I had promptly. Assembly went pretty much as described in the instructions (yes, you should read them) Getting it and the Spyder to talk to one another has been something of a pain. I have a 2012 RT-S, BRP hitch and 2012(?) wiring module. It comes out of the bike on a 9 pin connector, out of the tongue cable to an 8 pin Ampenol connection with only 7 wires in use. For the PB-XL we need to get down to a flat 4. I have a flat 4 female connector spiced into the 4 wires according to their use as labled on the tongue cable and everything seems happy so far. A short around the block road test the other day went well and I hope to do a longer run this weekend before I make everything neat and permanent.

Frankly with a non-BRP trailer neither BRP nor the dealer have been much help (they did install the hitch and wiring) getting the trailer going has been pretty much you're on you own. The gang here a Spyder Lovers has been a great help particularly Scotty up in Michigan.

Once I get it out on the road for a test run I'll try to report back.

Ride safe,

Chupaca
06-13-2013, 10:34 PM
very nice looking trailer. For the price the connection tussle seems minor. It will work and you will get a great deal..!! :thumbup: