PDA

View Full Version : Bob T.

Bob T.
06-13-2013, 02:44 PM
Two days ago I started my 2011RT-SM5 and the orange warning light came on parking brake failure. I shut it off started it again, same thing. The park brake works all right, on and off nothing seems wrong except the warning sign and the red blinking park indicater light. Does any one know what to do ? I've been driving it, and every thing else is fine. I live way down on the tip of TX and it gets hot I wonder if thats got anything to do with it although its 2 years old with 22859 mi. on it and its never done it before. Thanks for any imfo you can give Bob T.

Marker
06-13-2013, 04:00 PM
Two days ago I started my 2011RT-SM5 and the orange warning light came on parking brake failure. I shut it off started it again, same thing. The park brake works all right, on and off nothing seems wrong except the warning sign and the red blinking park indicater light. Does any one know what to do ? I've been driving it, and every thing else is fine. I live way down on the tip of TX and it gets hot I wonder if thats got anything to do with it although its 2 years old with 22859 mi. on it and its never done it before. Thanks for any imfo you can give Bob T.

You might want to check to see if the parking brake cable has come off of the pulley,some have had this problem

Bob Denman
06-13-2013, 05:15 PM
:agree:
Good Luck! :thumbup: