PDA

View Full Version : Black Hills, SD where are all the Spyders?

JJW SpyderRider
06-12-2013, 09:32 PM
I have been working outside Rapid City, SD this week and seen 1000+ bikes, 100+ Trikes, but only 1 Spyder :dontknow: Where are all the Spyders?

I drove, working and boss would not let me take my RT :lecturef_smilie:, from Rapid City to Keystone, Mt Rushmore, Hill City, Deadwood, Sturgis and back to Rapid City. Ten miles from Rapid City I saw the lone Red RT-S riding with three 2 wheelers.

This is a beautiful area to ride is going on my must do ride list.

Squadcarman
06-12-2013, 09:37 PM
Just got back from a tour of the Black Hills. Went to Custer State Park via the Needles Hwy, Keystone, Mount Rushmore, Spearfish Canyon, Sturgis, deadwood and Lead. What awesome country to ride and enjoy. My wife and I love South Dakota! We ran into a few folks on Spyders and talked with a Spyder owner and his wife from Ohio. They were with the Combat Veterans Association, and were heading to their national rally in Deadwood. We encountered them in Badlands National park.

SpyFyg-2
06-12-2013, 10:03 PM
We were out in the Hills Memorial Day weekend (we live in Mitchell SD) We have a small cabin in the Hills. It is our favorite place to ride!! We only saw one Spyder when we were out there. Did you take Iron Mountain road and the Pig Tails? Custer Wildlife loop? Badlands is also awesome. Not a bad road for a great ride in the Hills-but then we are a bit partial!! The ride out to Devils Tower is also very nice.

Shewhoprays
06-13-2013, 06:57 AM
We'll be through there July 4th. My husband has his high school reunion that day in Belle Fouche, SD. He will be on his Harley and me on my RT

can-am sam
06-13-2013, 10:00 AM
I will be in the Black Hills area the second week of July.

Bob Denman
06-13-2013, 10:19 AM
All of the Spyders are heading to Maggie Valley, and then Tennessee... :2thumbs: :ohyea::yes:

JJW SpyderRider
06-13-2013, 01:01 PM
We were out in the Hills Memorial Day weekend (we live in Mitchell SD) We have a small cabin in the Hills. It is our favorite place to ride!! We only saw one Spyder when we were out there. Did you take Iron Mountain road and the Pig Tails? Custer Wildlife loop? Badlands is also awesome. Not a bad road for a great ride in the Hills-but then we are a bit partial!! The ride out to Devils Tower is also very nice.

If I had been on my RT I should would have rode everyone I could. I worked until 4:00 and had time to get out but it's just not as good with a car. I told my wife we will be doing this area in the future. :yes::yes::yes:

JJW SpyderRider
06-13-2013, 01:05 PM
All of the Spyders are heading to Maggie Valley, and then Tennessee... :2thumbs: :ohyea::yes:

You could be right Bob, I did not think if that. I never saw so many trikes before in one place. They were not in a group but there sure were a lot. I was just getting disappointed that there were no Spyders. I did pass the Can-Am dealer on the way to the airport this morning. I wish I had stopped by earlier to see if they rent Spyders. :dontknow:

Bob Denman
06-13-2013, 01:19 PM
Jeff,
I figure that it'll be about Sunday when they start dispersing from the infestation that's occurring down there... :2thumbs:

ARtraveler
06-13-2013, 01:29 PM
The Black Hills area was also one of my favorite vacation destinations. I would take a trip there once a year when I lived in MN and WI. I owned a 1983 or 84? (memories?) Yamaha Venture and that was my ride for a few trips. Have to agree with all the above--a great place to drive a Spyder. If I get back to the area, I would also be looking for a Spyder to rent.