PDA

View Full Version : Barrell Lock and RT622 Trailer with an ST

Zygos
06-12-2013, 08:07 AM
I understand the RT comes with an additional barrel lock in case you buy a RT622 trailer correct?

The ST's does not, getting a RT622 trailer for an ST means you have to change the ignition lock if you want matched keys? If I don't care about matched keys can I get just a barrell lock with it's own key?

does this make sense?

thank you

Barry

billybovine
06-12-2013, 09:29 AM
Sounds correct to me. Another option is to get the barrel lock re keyed by a locksmith to match the ignition key. That would be a lot cheaper than a new ignition.

TexasSpyder
06-12-2013, 03:13 PM
Here is a link to wjhat you are looking for. Scroll down. They are about $35.00.

http://store.spyder.brp.com/products/631079/TRAILER_ACCESSORIES?country=US&current_catalog=0

J. D.

SpyderFun
06-12-2013, 03:32 PM
I understand the RT comes with an additional barrel lock in case you buy a RT622 trailer correct?

The ST's does not, getting a RT622 trailer for an ST means you have to change the ignition lock if you want matched keys? If I don't care about matched keys can I get just a barrell lock with it's own key?

does this make sense?

thank you

Barry

Yes the RT comes with a matching barrel lock for a 622 trailer. No you do not have to change the ignition to get matched keys.
What you can do if you buy a barrel lock later on is have a locksmith rekey the barrel lock to match your ignition key.... Then you have 1 key for both the bike and trailer!