PDA

View Full Version : Stalling and rough ride 78-82

QBlue Ryder
06-11-2013, 06:25 PM
Has anyone else had problems with stalling? This occurs at least 2 or 3 times each time I ryde. It happens when I stop at a stop sign or light. It even stalled after running it at about 92 mph for a while. Just turned 600 miles on the RT-S. I use high octane gas.

Also, when traveling at 78 mph through about 82 mph, I get a grinding kind of sound and some vibration, but after that interval, it is smooth sailing. Any suggestions?

JJW SpyderRider
06-11-2013, 07:43 PM
Has anyone else had problems with stalling? This occurs at least 2 or 3 times each time I ryde. It happens when I stop at a stop sign or light. It even stalled after running it at about 92 mph for a while. Just turned 600 miles on the RT-S. I use high octane gas.

Also, when traveling at 78 mph through about 82 mph, I get a grinding kind of sound and some vibration, but after that interval, it is smooth sailing. Any suggestions?

Sounds like you are really breaking in your new RT-S :ohyea: Don't get caught riding at those speeds in IL it is mandatory jail time :helpsmilie:

Is the RT still trying to move forward when you are off the throttle at the stop sign?
Some of the Spyders were known to stall due to a coating in the gas tank during the first few hundred miles.

Not sure of the about the grinding noise.

QBlue Ryder
06-11-2013, 08:45 PM
People were passing me up! I really think they just do that so they can insinuate that you are going slow.

It does not try to go forward-it just dies. It does start right up.

Ex-Rocket
06-11-2013, 10:08 PM
I have a 2012 RTS and it has stalled 3 times so far and have about 1500 miles on it. The vibration might be the drive belt that is causing it. A trip to the dealer at your 600 mile service and they can tighten it up a bit. They tightened mine during my 600 mile service is all is good now. But still have the stalling issue from time to time.

QBlue Ryder
06-12-2013, 09:09 AM
I have a 2012 RTS and it has stalled 3 times so far and have about 1500 miles on it. The vibration might be the drive belt that is causing it. A trip to the dealer at your 600 mile service and they can tighten it up a bit. They tightened mine during my 600 mile service is all is good now. But still have the stalling issue from time to time.

Thanks! I will have them check the belt. Hopefully your stalling won't continue. I could deal with it if it didn't happen 3 times per ryde ...:(