PDA

View Full Version : Let's race...

docdoru
06-11-2013, 08:16 AM
...any BRP product but the Spyder.:sour:

BRP celebrates 30 years of Rotax kart engines with a world premiere!

VALCOURT, QC, June 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - In 2013, BRP (TSX: DOO) celebrates 30 years of Rotax kart engines by bringing the Rotax MAX Challenge Grand Finals to North America for the first time in its history. This year, the 2013 Grand Finals will take place November 13 to 16, 2013 in New Orleans, Louisiana, U.S.A.—a world premiere and a new chapter in the 14-year history of the Rotax MAX Challenge. Some 300 participants are expected to attend.

"Our 30-year story is inspired and driven by performance and passion," said Gerd Ohrnberger, vice-president and general manager of BRP's Product Engineering and Manufacturing Operations division. "The development of innovative technologies that offer unique performances is the result."

Rotax engines have made history as the centrepieces of legendary powersports vehicles and set new standards with their high energy efficiency and low emission. These are the engines that are used at the international Rotax MAX Challenge Grand Finals, a BRP-operated kart racing event in which drivers aged 13 years and older compete and gain racing experience. The Rotax engines that have moved the powersports world for three decades continue to combine emotion and performance in a historically unique way.

With over 75,000 Rotax MAX engines sold over a 15-year period, BRP is a global market leader in the kart sports market. The Rotax MAX Challenge is the biggest and fastest growing kart racing series in the world today with over 15,000 active drivers and running in more than 50 countries.

Come and meet two past world champions of the Rotax MAX Challenge Grand Finals, Pier-Luc Ouellette (2011) and Ben Cooper (2012) at the BRP booth near the Pont du Cosmos at the Formula 1 Grand Prix du Canada in Montréal on Friday afternoon, June 7.

Jeriatric
06-11-2013, 08:28 AM
As a kid we used West Bend and Mcculloch chain saw motors. Direct drive.
My how things have changed.

Cruzr Joe
06-11-2013, 08:31 AM
as a kid growing up in Brooklyn NY we used one roller skate, half in the front and half in the back attached to a 2x4 with a wooden milk crate on the front. :firstplace:

Cruzr Joe

Dochands
06-11-2013, 09:05 AM
Cool. Might be a fun event to attend. Maybe they will let me race if I tell them my fourth wheel fell off. lol

NancysToy
06-11-2013, 09:12 AM
As a kid we used West Bend and Mcculloch chain saw motors. Direct drive.
My how things have changed.
I used to like the Power Products opposed twins. My budget preferred a plain old Briggs, however. :roflblack:

Bob Denman
06-11-2013, 11:17 AM
To me; racing is a spectator sport... :shocked:
But those carts and their engines turning about a zillion rpm just sound... WiLd! :2thumbs: