PDA

View Full Version : Elka Stage 1 and Pitbull Shock relocators

blambert
06-10-2013, 10:28 PM

Replaced the 2011 RT front shocks on my 2011 RS SE5 and installed Elka stage 1 front shocks and the Pitbull front shock relocators. Also recently added Kuhmo Escata Platinum front 185 tires. Hitting the mountain curves this weekend to see how they perform. The shock relocators with the elka shocks do increase the front height of the bike. Since these shocks have preload only and have been orginally set from the factory should I make any adjustment or just "run what I brung". I also have the baja ron anti sway installed . Not sure what else to add to increase cornering performance.

pro10is
06-11-2013, 05:41 AM
The general consensus of those with the same set up is that with the shock relocators you can reduce the factory set preload on the shocks so the ride won't be so jarring. Go for a test ride and bring the shock adjustment tools. Reduce the preload one to two full turns and test again. Repeat until you find the right balance for your preference between cornering performance and ride comfort.

Bob Denman
06-11-2013, 11:04 AM
:lecturef_smilie:...And we'll expect a full report on our desks as soon as you return! :roflblack: :joke:

blambert
06-17-2013, 01:03 AM
Hit the mountain roads this weekend with the shock relocators and Elia suspension. First thing I noticed when gong hard into tight corners was that I was lifting up the front tire that was on the inside of the curve. The relocators and Ella 1 factory settings lifts the nose of he bike so I plan to soften the preload by a couple of turns which also drops he nose and see if that keeps the front tires on the ground. More to come