PDA

View Full Version : As I see it....

bruiser
06-10-2013, 04:08 PM
Coming back from Delaware yesterday. Through Virginia, known to truckers as the communist state, on I95 cops were wall to wall. Seemed like every emergency vehicle cross over was occupied by at least one or more state trooper, sheriffs deputy or city cop. If you saw one with a vehicle pulled over than you could bet there would be another one 1/4 mile down the road. I called it on a couple of idiots insisting on traveling at 80 mph or better. Told the wife they'll be pulled over down the road and they were. Emporia, Va. has to hold the record. If you're doing 71 the city cops there will nail you, that's not an exaggeration. Had a friend who is a DJ on a morning show nailed doing 72 in a 70 on I95 within the city limits of Emporia.

While in Dover we did see Spyders. Saw a blue RT on Wednesday, a black RT on Thursday and a white RS on Saturday. Oh, we caged up because we were child sitting Kris' niece. Took a tour of Dover AFB. Man has it changed. Last time I was there was 1982. Looks like they rebuilt the whole base. Base housing as we knew it no longer exists. And of course there is Route One now. That is the limited access toll road that runs 103 miles from Wilmington to the southern beaches at the Delaware Maryland line. Kris typed the specs for that road in the '70s when she was working for the state of Delaware while we were stationed at Dover.

Back to the story. So now where in North Carolina on I95. No cops which is not unusual. You could about run the entire length of I95 without seeing a trooper. Now there are some guys out there that wear black uniforms and drive unmarked cars. When you see them with a vehicle pulled over they'll most likely have the seats out, everything in the car will be layed out on the side of the road. The hood and trunk will be open. You don't want to mess with these fellas.

We passed a rest area and two crotch rockets come out of there and nearly disappear down the interstate. There's a Honda sedan keeping pace with them. One exits at the hwy 64 exit and the Honda and other bike continue on. Close to our exit an older flat gray Chevy van passes us and another crotch rocket is tailing him. The van reminds me of the '70s. Some of you will know what I mean. Anyway, they take off ahead of us. They exit just ahead of us on the same exit we're taking. As we round the curve of the on ramp for I264 I notice the crotch rocket is in the left lane and slowed way down. The van is already on 264, the crotch rocket gets on the overpass over I95 and I see the guy shift his body and he does a wheel stand all the way across the overpass. Then he drops it down and cranks it open and he's gone. Guessing he's hitting 90 or better by the time he's out of sight. Like I said, not a cop in sight. Guess I'm getting too old for travelling this way.

Bob Denman
06-10-2013, 04:59 PM
It's more fun on the Big Screen anymore, than it is when it's up close and personal! :shocked:

otter28169
06-10-2013, 05:20 PM
I have had two tickets within the last 3 years and both were in SW Virginia. I can drive through any other state and be fine, but my NY plates have earned me a 71 in a 65, and 73 in a 65. On the last check I had to mail to them I wrote "Virginia Non-Resident Interstate Tax" on the memo line.

Just sayin'............

spydermyke990
06-12-2013, 12:39 PM
I seen a guy wheelying his crotch rocket along the left lanes of I 70 west bound near St. Louis last summer, with a semi truck right on his tail, of course the "Ricky racer" was fully geared up, with the obligatory "Mohawk" attachment on his helmet, but I don't think all that would've helped him if he were to wipe out directly in front of that truck......can you say, "road pizza"?:ani29:

Bob Denman
06-12-2013, 12:44 PM
I can say, "http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_19_7.gif"