PDA

View Full Version : A+++ Dealer Experience

KAPike
06-10-2013, 03:56 PM
I leave for Maggie Valley Wednesday and I need some service before I left.

There have been a few threads recently on poor performing dealers / service experiences.

The two closest Can Am dealers near me are 65 and 70 miles from home base. I bought my 2012 RT from a dealer in Kalamazoo, Michigan. Great experience, very knowledgeable, 6-7 models on the floor, choice of colors and trim, was offered and accepted a test drive...SOLD. Three months after the purchase I took it in for the 600 mile service / updates. Another good experience...except the price. I felt wounded and taken.

Now it's time from my 3600 service. I called the selling dealer and was quoted $325-400....ouch. Called the next closest dealer in other direction for a price and was quoted $195-200. I went through the list of things that the 3600 mile service required and he confirmed that was the price. I set an appointment for today. I dropped the RT off Saturday for today's appointment. The service manager called at noon and said my Spyder was ready.

When we went back and picked it up it was sitting out front ready to go. The service manager went through everything they did and said it was ready to go. The total bill with tax...$200.13. He thanked me for giving him an opportunity to service the Spyder and said to call if I needed anything.

I lost a key at SpyerFest this spring, so I asked about the cost for a new key. He quoted $75 for the key and programming. Fair enough.

I have no complaints with the selling dealer, I just can't see giving an extra $125-200 for service each time I go in.

So that is my service experience with VILLAGE MOTORSPORTS in Holland, Michigan. I'll be back for my next service and a new key.

Chupaca
06-10-2013, 04:10 PM
could add them to the good boys list if we had one.. If I'm in your area I will keep them i mind..thanks, always good to hear of the good ones...!! :thumbup:

mrfats
06-10-2013, 04:49 PM
I'll be at the Owner's Event...don't lose the only key you have...

BikerDoc
06-10-2013, 05:21 PM
I thought maintenance interval was 4600 now?

KAPike
06-10-2013, 05:24 PM
BikerDoc
I still had the old style filter with the 3000 mile interval. I also had the new access panel installed.

Bob Denman
06-10-2013, 05:28 PM
Good Dealers are worth their weight in free lights and chrome! :2thumbs: