PDA

View Full Version : My Check List For Dealer

bamaspyder1
06-10-2013, 07:06 AM
Looks like I'm about two weeks from taking delivery of my ST-S :yes: it's coming from the factory so I've been nosing around for a few weeks now and have come up with a list of things for the dealer to check before we hit the road for the first time. You guys have been very informative if you have any suggestions please add your comments I might have missed some! :thumbup:

Sny
06-10-2013, 07:57 AM
Looks like I'm about two weeks from taking delivery of my ST-S :yes: it's coming from the factory so I've been nosing around for a few weeks now and have come up with a list of things for the dealer to check before we hit the road for the first time. You guys have been very informative if you have any suggestions please add your comments I might have missed some! :thumbup:

If they will, have them check the alignment. Many of them are way out from the factory.

On a similar note, have them zero the steering position sensor. Mine was 1.5 degrees off which made for some strange (read: exciting) DPS reactions to what should have been minor sweeping highway turns.

Make sure they give you a signed copy of the PDI. They're supposed to do this. Many don't. There's little things they'll miss if they try and do it from memory.

Check bolts and fasteners. Another problem from the factory is a number of loose fasteners in various places. It doesn't take them long to check the external ones at least.

Make sure your left control module buttons function correctly and without sticking. I think BRP needs to issue a replacement for these. Out of 4, they've all had bad switches that either work intermittently, depress when you're not pushing them, or stick in the down position or in the case of the turn signal, stick when you indicate a right turn. Ridiculously poor quality control on these.

That's all I got :) I haven't had any issues other than the above which are, for the most part, minor.

g'luck, and hope you enjoy your new ST