PDA

View Full Version : Rear fender bracket broke!!!

Mexican
06-09-2013, 02:21 PM
Hello guys and girls, somehow the rear fender bracket broke at the 2 bottom bolts holding it, i noticed it when my wife was riding it and everytime she hit a small bump the fender bounced more than normal, i took the bolts off and a piece of the bracket fell off on both sides, i put the bolts back with a big washer and its holding for now but don't know for how long. It don't seem to be hit anywhere, more like it was dropped at a tire change or something, looks like the part is cast aluminium and may not be worth trying to weld it, any ideas on how to repair it or an aftermarket kit that i can install? Thanks.
Lupe:)

Chupaca
06-09-2013, 02:37 PM
Here's the thing...it seems to happen quite a bit and the new ones have a reinforcement. Many are covered by warranty but only for the same bracket. You did not do anything wrong just a fluke and doesn't happen to all...many removed the fender altogether some replaced them and some welded them backup and added reinforcements..choice is yours but the new brackets require a new fender as well I'm told.. Buena suerte..!!:thumbup:

Mexican
06-09-2013, 02:46 PM
Here's the thing...it seems to happen quite a bit and the new ones have a reinforcement. Many are covered by warranty but only for the same bracket. You did not do anything wrong just a fluke and doesn't happen to all...many removed the fender altogether some replaced them and some welded them backup and added reinforcements..choice is yours but the new brackets require a new fender as well I'm told.. Buena suerte..!!:thumbup:
Caramba!!!! that is NOT good news, i really don't want to remove the fender, the wife likes it a lot since every now and then she carries passengers.
Any idea how much the new kit cost? Any place to buy used?
Gracias mi amigo!!:)