PDA

View Full Version : Busy season so far

otter28169
06-08-2013, 10:01 PM
As of late March my odometer read 2460 miles. I am now at almost to 7400 miles and that would be why my average daily post count has dropped severely. I have also warn out the center of my rear tire. I thought it was an air pressure thing until I realized that there still are some portions of the center tread that are still there, while others are completely gone. I was thinking more like a tire defect, and a motorcyclist told me that motorcycle tires only last for about 7500 miles. No sense cryin about it though, and I bought a car tire for the rear yesterday. I got a "Falken" tire that is V-rated for speed, tread wear is 360, and heat durability is AA. At the rate I am going I should get at least 20,000 miles on this year and If I don't have to buy 3 new rear tires I will be very happy. Hope everybody else is wearing out tires (makin miles) the way I am.

Just sayin'............

JCSMOKE
06-08-2013, 10:27 PM
Keep on having fun! You going to owners event?

Chupaca
06-09-2013, 12:59 AM
Sounds like your tire is cupping, and most folks are getting much more out of there tires. But your right you will get a great deal more out of the Falken..ask Bob thats what he uses...most of all enjoy the ryding...!! :thumbup:

Bob Denman
06-09-2013, 05:50 AM
:congrats: Now go check the air in your Falken tire... :roflblack: It must be a New York thing; I got 7000 miles out of the Kenda, and only 8000 out of the Falken. :dontknow: A 15 percent improvement is nothing to sneeze at; but I had hoped for more.
So now I'm trying a Kumho out back. :thumbup:

otter28169
06-09-2013, 06:14 AM
Doug, from Doug's powersports said that the tire had too much air pressure in it, and was getting hot and crowning. I thought I was running them a little soft. It could also be that I am 270 pounds, so my wife and I are over the weight limit for the RS. Not certain, just gotta keep trying I guess.

Smoke, I registered for the event, but could not get time off at the new job. Looks like I am gonna miss it, and the BBQ at Lamont's, :cus:

Just sayin;............

Bob Denman
06-09-2013, 07:58 AM
The trick with the Kendas; is that the center section willl wear from either too much, OR too little air pressure...
Too low, and they're prone to ballooning (2 ply only...)