PDA

View Full Version : Headlight out

OnVentures
06-08-2013, 07:29 PM
Hi all, I have a 2008 spyder GS and noticed today that my right headlight wasn't working. Both lo and hi beams are out. The left one works fine. I changed the bulb and still nothing. any clues? OnVentures

NancysToy
06-08-2013, 07:32 PM
Did you check for loose (or bad) relays at the fusebox?

OnVentures
06-08-2013, 08:01 PM
I tried reseating the relays,started bike and removed the relay for the headlight. The left light went out and when I replaced the relay only the left light came on. OnVentures

NancysToy
06-08-2013, 08:15 PM
Could be a loose connector, although there are definitely other possibilities. Time to do some serious troubleshooting under the console. I'd start by testing the wires at the back of the bulb for voltage...then chasing it further. Keep in mind that you could have a bad headlight relay. Swapping or replacing the relay would tell the tale.

Bob Ledford
06-08-2013, 08:18 PM
Do you have a multimeter? If yes, see if you a minimum of 12VDC at the bulbs. If you do the problem is in the bulb area.

If you don't try working backwards until you find the problem. Here is when a wiring diagram would be a great tool...

OnVentures
06-12-2013, 11:37 AM
I finnaly figured out what went wrong. When changing spark plug wires I must have pulled the connector under the head light loose when reinstalling the airbox. Thanks for all the help. OnVentures