PDA

View Full Version : Sena SMH-5D Bluetooth Headset/Intercom Multi Kit

pwm
06-08-2013, 06:44 PM
Anyone using this unit Sena SMH-5D Bluetooth Headset/Intercom Multi Kit? If so what are your thoughts?

gnirtsnod
06-08-2013, 07:33 PM
Anyone using this unit Sena SMH-5D Bluetooth Headset/Intercom Multi Kit? If so what are your thoughts?

I have experience with the SMH-10D which works fine. If you are just pairing with a rider for use as an intercom, then the 5D should be just fine; however, the range for communicating with someone on another scooter is half that of the SMH-10D. I can tell you from my own experience that the range (900 yds) for the SMH-10D is line-of-sight range. Throw in a hill or a few trees and you are talking something less. Take a 430 yd range on the 5D, offer some interferance, and you may wish you paid a little extra for the 10D? ...Gnirtsnod

mwkess
06-08-2013, 08:10 PM
I have the Sena SMH-5 Multi-kit and they work great for my wife (passenger) and me. I can't say how they would work for communicating with other bikes but for us, they more than meet out needs.

pwm
06-08-2013, 08:17 PM
Probably going to just be me and the boss but you never know. Where is a good place to purchase?

Cuffs19
06-08-2013, 08:27 PM
I just bought a dual set on ebay three days ago from a place out of Pflugerville, TX. Total cost was $200 including tax and shipping. My wife (passenger) and I LOVE them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Highwayman2013
06-08-2013, 09:37 PM
Check with Motorcycle Dave a sponsor on here got the dual pack smh10 with changeable mics (boom and wired):yes: for 270 plus shipping.

gnirtsnod
06-09-2013, 09:26 AM
Probably going to just be me and the boss but you never know. Where is a good place to purchase?

Do your homework by searching online for the best price. I ended up getting mine through a local MC shop AFTER shopping online. They did a pricematch (lack of shipping offset the state tax) and I had someone local to deal with.

Also, know what you are ordering. The kits come in more than one variety. Order wisely. This link should help.

http://www.senabluetooth.com/products/index.php

...Gnirtsnod

Ga Blue Knight
06-09-2013, 11:35 AM
Can you use the SMH-10 units with the SMH-5 units?

flybuddy
06-09-2013, 11:37 AM

I've got 2 fives and they work great. I ride one up most of the time and I find the sound quality to be excellent when paired to an iPhone. Music is clear and can do phone calls at any speed. I've ridden as long as 15 hours in a day and with just plugging it in to 12v charger while fueling/restroom/snack, I've never run out of juice.
You can get a pair at Motorcycle Superstore for 186.75 with free shipping.

lookerjdc
06-09-2013, 02:18 PM
I have the Sena SMH10 and really like it

my brother and I have been considering the SPH10 but in Florida you cant have both ears covered so we are trying to figure a way to modify them to use for local drives when we dont want to wear helmets...