PDA

View Full Version : Over Heating!!!!

DLPeace
06-08-2008, 03:22 PM
I'M SO MAD!! Ok I had my spyder about 2 months and never went more then 30
miles in a day just road around town after work.So i thought i would drive
to The city to the Puerto rican day parade thats about 65 miles away
and as soon as i got off the highwas my bike started to over heat and started
to lose power and said limp home mode.I just made it off the highway but not before almost getting killed.
Well that was the end of that trip i let the bike cool down for about a half hour and started back home
but i had to pull over about 5 times to cool the spyder down because it kept over heating in the stop and go traffic.Has anyone have or have had this problem before and what to do.
im bringing the bike to the dealer in the morning.And the fluid was full up to the max line and the fan was running so
thats not the problem.Please Help If you can,or tell me what should i do.Thanks

tatt2r
06-08-2008, 04:29 PM
did over 300 miles in a day and no problems ... good luck at dealer

ataDude
06-08-2008, 04:29 PM
Sounds like a stuck thermostat to me (warranty)... but, heck, I've only had mine a week now so what do I know? :bigthumbsup:

I'M SO MAD!! Ok I had my spyder about 2 months and never went more then 30
miles in a day just road around town after work.So i thought i would drive
to The city to the Puerto rican day parade thats about 65 miles away
and as soon as i got off the highwas my bike started to over heat and started
to lose power and said limp home mode.I just made it off the highway but not before almost getting killed.
Well that was the end of that trip i let the bike cool down for about a half hour and started back home
but i had to pull over about 5 times to cool the spyder down because it keeped over heating in the stop and go traffic.Has anyone have or have had this problem befor and what to do.
im bring the bike to the dealer in the morning.And the fluid was full up to the max line and the fan was running so
thats not the problem.Please Help If you can,or tell me what should i do.Thanks

daddydarko
06-08-2008, 05:34 PM
Take it to the dealer for sure to have her checked out. and above all else... BUY A MICRON FROM MAGIC MAN!!!! The Spyder runs two full bars cooler with a Micron slip-on.

Magic Man
06-08-2008, 06:00 PM
Take it to the dealer for sure to have her checked out. and above all else... BUY A MICRON FROM MAGIC MAN!!!! The Spyder runs two full bars cooler with a Micron slip-on.

:agree: :agree: :agree: :bigthumbsup:

mimisargent
06-08-2008, 07:25 PM
can some post the link for micron man web site thanks

SSL4X4
06-08-2008, 07:46 PM
that just convinced me to get a Micron....I was debating between that and the Hindle because the Hindle has a sleeker look....but I hear that the Micron has the best sound...but Daddydarko says he likes the Micron the best and he seems to know this bike pretty well so I think i will do the Micron...I will put it on as soon as I get the spyder home!! I think I will get the all chrome one though since i am getting red....i like daddydarkos red fading into the chrome...they have a nice selection....the link is on the main page here by the way...Magic has about 20 to choose from...

good luck with the over heating problem...that would make me furious too....honestly you shouldnt have to put an aftermarket exhaust on for your bike to run correctly its gotta be something with the thermostat or maybe the cooling fan isnt working properly?

Danimal
06-08-2008, 08:46 PM
You might find the Micron to be too loud... and gain the wrong kind of fans...

Lamonster
06-09-2008, 05:42 AM
You might find the Micron to be too loud... and gain the wrong kind of fans...

Or you might not. I've had nothing but positive comments about the Micron and I bet the sales go way up after the Homcomming. :doorag: :spyder: :bigthumbsup:

bjt
06-09-2008, 09:36 AM
On our way home from The Homecoming, it was pretty warm and muggy out. The Spyder's temp gauge was consistently at 90 +. At highway speeds I was at three or four bars. When stopping and idling for tolls, customs, etc. I went up to five bars and saw six bars once for just a minute before the fan brought it back down. I have the Hindle exhaust on mine, as did many others. The three main exhausts at The Homecoming were the stock, the Hindle and the Micron. There were others but I can't recall seeing more than one of any other brand.