PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Modulator

OnVentures
06-07-2013, 06:22 PM
Can a Headlight Modulator be used on a spyder GS or will it mess with the computer?:ani29:

bill pitman
06-07-2013, 06:55 PM
I've been using a headlight modulator for about 2yrs now.
Mine is a Kison, if I recall. 2009 GS SM5
If you want specific info, I'll need some time as my memory sucks!

Bill

signaldynamics
06-10-2013, 09:15 AM
You should have no problem using a headlight module on your Spyder. However, if you have HIDs or LED headlights be aware that most headlight modules will not work with LED's and there are none as of yet that can function on HID headlights. Ride Safe!

Cavman
06-10-2013, 10:42 AM
According to my dealer and the wiring diagrams, at this point you can not use one with the RT. Seems that the high/low switching goes thru the computer on the RT. Also, unlike the RS, there is no where to plug it in. I had to send the modulator back for a refund. I went with HIDs from DDM Tuning instead.

mooneych
06-10-2013, 01:48 PM
Spend your money replacing the reflectors with LED lighting. If a car decides not to see you, a modulator isn't going to help. As far as voicing your "displeasure", get a Stebel horn; it "rehabilitates" errant (read texting) drivers.

All bets are off if you decide to use a strobe light off a commercial jetliner... :roflblack:

And...modulators are very annoying. nojoke

ZWolf-2011
06-16-2013, 10:47 AM
You hit the spot there! The horn! That is just what I need, a good loud horn. Just came from the Stebel web site and what looks to be the ideal one in my mind was the NAUTILUS COMPACT TUNING BLACK horn. Since I have not looked under the hood, will this horn fit the RTS ?

http://www.stebel.it/stebel2012/products.asp?IDserie=14&uso=1&tipologia=moto

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD