PDA

View Full Version : Winter is officially over

Jeriatric
06-07-2013, 07:30 AM
High pressure building over the California interior will bring
warming to the deserts this week. Peak heating will take place
over the lower deserts Friday and Saturday.

Temperatures... 110 to 117 in the lower deserts including Palm
Springs.

Anyone want to ride? :doorag:

bobnaquin
06-07-2013, 08:43 AM

Springs.

Anyone want to ride? :doorag:It will be about 10 degrees cooler here but I have 6 softball games to play this weekend. Riding would be better.

Bob Denman
06-07-2013, 09:08 AM
You guys DO laugh at us with our Winters... :shocked:
But I wouldn't do that to you! ;)
Stay hydrated; wear mesh; hit the road! :thumbup:

SpyderAnn01
06-07-2013, 10:23 AM
Yes, things are heating up in the desert and my Spyder isn't liking it very much. Yesterday I was throwing codes related to heat if this is a sign of what my summer is going to be like I'm won't be very happy

Jeriatric
06-07-2013, 10:28 AM
Yes, things are heating up in the desert and my Spyder isn't liking it very much. Yesterday I was throwing codes related to heat if this is a sign of what my summer is going to be like I'm won't be very happy

Pull the fuse.......:roflblack:

Honestly, hope it's a curable problem.

Canadian built - Florida approved.

When the real test is the desert south west.

Bob Denman
06-07-2013, 10:40 AM

:yikes: You guys might end up riding only at night if this persists...http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_1_220.gif

Jeriatric
06-07-2013, 10:50 AM
:yikes: You guys might end up riding only at night if this persists...http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_1_220.gif

That'll work - until summer - gets here.

Then, it gets really hot. :roflblack:

Jeriatric
06-07-2013, 01:12 PM
It will be about 10 degrees cooler here but I have 6 softball games to play this weekend. Riding would be better.

With that many on you plate you either coach or ump.

ARtraveler
06-07-2013, 02:30 PM

Hope you can get your issues with :ani29: worked out. Regardless of heat, the :spyder2: should function without going crazy.

ARtraveler
06-07-2013, 02:35 PM

Springs.

Oh Yeah :yes::yes::yes: The snow has melted, the leaves are out in full bloom in the low areas and coming along in the alpine areas.

We have been blessed with a solid week of 70's and the same is predicted for the next 5 days. Please don't laugh. 70's for our area are very good and harboring on "hot". The last three years or so, we have had less than 5 days in the 70's all summer long. I have been wearing my mesh jacket and loving it. We went on a group ride last night and coming home at 10:00 PM it was still light (sun still had 25% before setting) and 69 degrees. For us--it does not get much better. Were thankful and happy. :2thumbs:

Bob Denman
06-07-2013, 02:35 PM
That'll work - until summer - gets here.

Then, it gets really hot. :roflblack:

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/14/14_6_1.gif

Jeriatric
06-07-2013, 02:39 PM
Oh Yeah :yes::yes::yes: The snow has melted, the leaves are out in full bloom in the low areas and coming along in the alpine areas.

We have been blessed with a solid week of 70's and the same is predicted for the next 5 days. Please don't laugh. 70's for our area are very good and harboring on "hot". The last three years or so, we have had less than 5 days in the 70's all summer long. I have been wearing my mesh jacket and loving it. We went on a group ride last night and coming home at 10:00 PM it was still light (sun still had 25% before setting) and 69 degrees. For us--it does not get much better. Were thankful and happy. :2thumbs:

Hope you have a 'Month of 70's'. Has to be the BEST riding temp. :thumbup:

Jeriatric
06-07-2013, 02:42 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/14/14_6_1.gif

Hydrate that :roflblack::roflblack: wait..... maybe that should be hydrant that?

wyliec
06-07-2013, 02:43 PM

Springs.

I love Palm Springs.

Bob Denman
06-07-2013, 02:45 PM
Hydrate that :roflblack::roflblack: wait..... maybe that should be hydrant that?

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/3/3_12_25v.gif

Jeriatric
06-07-2013, 02:52 PM
I love Palm Springs.

Currently on display and Palm Springs hopes to make it her permanent home.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBqf5XXCuXVcg6eJthVolbgv6eAwopw uJ-mIrsREiHG-c0t1JO8Q

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/3/3_12_25v.gif

Ahhhhh!!! mo betta - tanks

MidLifeCrisis
06-07-2013, 03:49 PM
Springs.

That's how Mice are separated from men. :roflblack:

Jeriatric
06-07-2013, 03:58 PM
That's how Mice are separated from men. :roflblack:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRT-eDApTf9xuv0dv9hL4CFh8lSUarCy7oRIKMR3wVm-5j3dbeLJQ

2Paw
06-07-2013, 04:11 PM
A few years ago a co-worker and I were in Endicott, NY in late July and were on the balcony of the motel we were staying at enjoying the "cool" 85 degree temps when we overheard the maids complaining about how hot it was. We just laughed because in Texas at that time the temps were 100 plus.

Chupaca
06-07-2013, 04:21 PM
Here in the butt end of the US (left side) we ryde to where the weather is best. Mountains 5,000+ cool, down to the coast sea level cool in the middle hot hot hot....gotta love it..!! :ohyea:

Bob Denman
06-07-2013, 04:59 PM
...Palm Springs hopes to make it her permanent home.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBqf5XXCuXVcg6eJthVolbgv6eAwopw uJ-mIrsREiHG-c0t1JO8Q

Well no wonder it's so hot out there! :shocked: :2thumbs:

bobnaquin
06-08-2013, 07:55 AM
With that many on you plate you either coach or ump.Actually I play outfield and pinch run for other batters. It is senior softball and I am glad to be able to do it at all at 65. The games are short-no more than 1-1/2 hours

bobnaquin
06-08-2013, 07:57 AM
Yes, things are heating up in the desert and my Spyder isn't liking it very much. Yesterday I was throwing codes related to heat if this is a sign of what my summer is going to be like I'm won't be very happyThere is something wrong. I have ridden in stop and go traffic in the hundred and teens and the bike got hot but never went limp or threw a code. You should check that out because heat plus an unreliable bike is not going to be fun.

SpyderAnn01
06-08-2013, 09:33 AM
There is something wrong. I have ridden in stop and go traffic in the hundred and teens and the bike got hot but never went limp or threw a code. You should check that out because heat plus an unreliable bike is not going to be fun.

The codes it showed were P0127 and P0217 one is air intake temp too hot and the other is coolant is too hot. I am going to check the coolant level today. I rode yesterday early and didn't have any problems. A friend had this problem quite frequently here last year on her 2011 but I never had any problems on my old 2010. The temp gauge never went beyond one tick above the middle which is where it normally is.

Jeriatric
06-08-2013, 09:44 AM
The codes it showed were P0127 and P0217 one is air intake temp too hot and the other is coolant is too hot. I am going to check the coolant level today. I rode yesterday early and didn't have any problems. A friend had this problem quite frequently here last year on her 2011 but I never had any problems on my old 2010. The temp gauge never went beyond one tick above the middle which is where it normally is.

Sounds like a fuel mix problem. Fuel mix is a pre set, and is limited in range of automatic adjustment by a pre determined % value(adds more fuel as it senses heat - helps cool the engine). If that's what it is? It confirms my hesitation to change the air filter system to something that breathes easier in our heat. That would even lean it out more.

Please let us know what you find out.