PDA

View Full Version : Joe Rocket Nation Tank Bag

Smylinacha
06-08-2008, 07:23 AM
Does anyone know if this could work on the spyder? They come in red/black, yellow/black and silver/black - thought it would look cool - magnetic - would it stick - do I have to modify it?

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/Joe_Rocket_Nation_Tank_Bag--610026.html

NVR2L8
06-08-2008, 07:56 AM
It states that it is a "Magnetic Mount" system.
It's not gonna work as is.
You could modify it but that may be more trouble than it's worth.

Smylinacha
06-08-2008, 05:14 PM
I'll keep looking! Right now I gotta invest in a better - more vented - 3/4 helmet - mine is way too hot!

jeuchler
06-08-2008, 08:30 PM
It states that it is a "Magnetic Mount" system.
It's not gonna work as is.
You could modify it but that may be more trouble than it's worth.

NVR2L8 is right. The "tank" area isn't the fuel tank, and it's more plastic paneling.

(I myself am holding off on the BRP tank bag, and waiting for Nelson-Rigg to design one. I've become loyal to the company due to fair pricin, excellent workmanship, and superior customer service. I have 2 saddle bags and a roll bag from N-R.)

daddydarko
06-11-2008, 06:08 AM
I installed the Icon Urban Tank bag and I love it. I paid $35 at my dealer. It fits the "tank" with the BRP tank bag bracket and the clear screen on the top layer is perfect for placing maps or your GPS. It also fits on the passenger seat with the bottom flap securing under the seat to it can't be easily removed by thieves. Also, it becomes a backpack with a helmet carrier.

http://www.rideicon.com/showImage.jsp?class_id=5835&image_type=fullsize&rank=130

Smylinacha
06-14-2008, 11:27 PM
Nice - they come in yellow?

daddydarko
06-15-2008, 08:29 AM
http://www.mxdirtrider.com/i-products/luggage-icon-2006-urban-tankbag.jpg

:bigthumbsup:

Feo
06-27-2008, 01:42 PM
Is there another way to attach it to the tank if you do not alreay have the can am tank hardware? is there some generic hardware we can buy?

Dwight
06-27-2008, 03:34 PM
Smylinacha,
When you find that new helmet that is cooler please share the info with me. We have been looking for something cooler than our HJC's. Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread.
Thanks
Dwight

Napalmseth
06-27-2008, 03:41 PM
Smylinacha,
When you find that new helmet that is cooler please share the info with me. We have been looking for something cooler than our HJC's. Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread.
Thanks
Dwight

As stated above, sorry for the off topic post. The only helmet I've found to have adequate ventilation is the Shoei X-11. Only problem, it's almost $700.00. But I use it in Florida and it's not bad for driving in 90 degree weather.

wilmac
06-27-2008, 05:37 PM
For excellent prices on Shoei helment try parts411.com. But you must call to get the best price ingnore the online prices

timpani
06-27-2008, 09:39 PM
Hello guys, you need to check out this helmet. I read the review and decided to give it a try. I ordered two and have been very pleased with the performance with temperatures hovering in the upper 90's and even occasionally breaking tiple digits.

timpani
06-27-2008, 09:41 PM
Sorry about that. I guess it would help if I posted a link to the helmet review. http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/dainese/jet-stream-tourer/

scottmanesis
06-29-2008, 10:04 AM
If you want to save about 400 bucks off the Shoei, get a Scorpion Exo 1000.....great helmet and inexpensive. I feel it is as nice as any Shoei or Arai and it is less than half the cost...my .02

To get back on topic, cool bag!

Smylinacha
06-29-2008, 12:38 PM
Smylinacha,
Thanks
Dwight

Hey Dwight! Still no new helmet yet but I was looking at the Scorpions that Scott suggested - they seem lightweight and cost alot less - I can't afford $700 for a helmet!

Smylinacha
06-29-2008, 12:40 PM
If you want to save about 400 bucks off the Shoei, get a Scorpion Exo 1000.....great helmet and inexpensive. I feel it is as nice as any Shoei or Arai and it is less than half the cost...my .02

To get back on topic, cool bag!

Hey Scott - I was looking at those! That will probably be the one I will get 8) I rode yesterday w/ my shorty on - alot of windnoise and my eyes were tearing w/ my riding glasses so I put my black 3/4 on - I was actually ok yesterday - it was hot but not as hot as a few weeks ago so I did fine. The one I wear now is a Z1R - very lightweight - but it's black - I want a silver or yellow one and looks like there have been good reviews on the one you got.

scottmanesis
06-29-2008, 03:33 PM
My last two helmets have been scorpions I had the exo 700 and loved it and only upgraded to the new 1000 because it has a few features I like. One is it has a reebok pump style fit, you put it on and pump it up until it feels snug but comfy.....also there is a built in tinted visor that you can flip up inside the helmet like a fighter jet pilot, this keeps me from having to wear sunglasses on inside the helmet or replacing shields back and forth as the daylight goes away. I love it, plenty of ventilation, does not fog up very easily.......the helmet I had before the exo 700 was The Shoei rf100...and it cost me about 500 bucks, both my scorpions combined were still alot less, I think I paid 230 for the 1000......you can't go wrong as these both are as nice or nicer than my expensive Shoei in all regards (wind noise, ventilation, comfort etc)

Smylinacha
06-29-2008, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the info Scott - sounds like the 1000 is the way to go!

bjt
06-29-2008, 09:05 PM
I like Scorpion helmets but one thing to consider with the EXO 1000 is that I heard that it is on the heavy side as far as helmets go.

captainryder
06-30-2008, 01:56 AM
My wife and I went looking for helmets and riding gear soon after we placed our deposit for a Spyder. I looked on the web at sites but worried about sizing. We measured with tape measures, like most sites provide, for sizes, but found that (like clothing) some helmet styles and manufacturers run smaller or larger.

Really liked the 3/4 helmet by Scorpion. And the Exo model was what we almost got, but opted for an HJC Carbon Fiber which probably is one of the lightest in that style. They tend to run larger, so while a large would have been a correct size if measuring, I found the medium perfect.

Used Powersports4less.com, he's a Spyder owner, and offering discounts to Spyders. He also is a Nolan helmet distributor, and if you want a great, great full face, try the "Noland 102". These helmets feature an outside second tinted visor that stores out of the way above the full face shield when you don't need it. And the helmet has a compartment that is ready to install either bluetooth wierless or wired com set on the left side. Powersports4less.com is the top web-order site for these helmets.

His home is in Spring Hill, KS just outside Kansas City. I drove over to visit Bob and his retail store. A great guy. Got my mesh Yuma jacket by River Road from him as well. It really is cool enough for summer riding without the pillowing or billowing that some protective jackets with only zippered vents develop when moving.

dltang
06-30-2008, 06:42 AM
I have the HJC Carbon Fiber Vadar and just love it. It is so light, it is amazing. I am not sure but I think it may be a little louder than the Scorpion though, just from talking to my husband. I was riding with a GMax28 and that was so heavy I had a sore neck after virtually every ride. I bought it last year because I liked the graphics and it was not too expensive. I didn't spend a lot of time trying on helmets. I have learned my lesson. Different helmet makers have slightly different shapes and fit differently. They are not a one brand fits all. I was looking for some light weight helmets so I went to bikeweb and checked out their reviews and then went to a store near by and tried on various helmets. Then I ordered on line and got a heck of a deal $279.99 for my Carbon Fiber HJC Vadar. I got it from http://www.motosport.com/street/index.php