PDA

View Full Version : What do YOU want to tell BRP at the Owner's Event?

daveinva
06-06-2013, 08:11 AM
Since we're all going to be at the Owner's Event soon enough, I figured I'd put this up to get people thinking about what thoughts/feedback/requests they'd like to share with the BRP reps while hobknobbing at the Owner's Event.

Aside from the inevitable "improve your dealer network, here's how," I've got two things to share:

1. A big thank you for building the Spyder, of course. :2thumbs:

2. A request for an official top box and/or rack mount for the RS/ST. Should be easy enough to either make the RS sport rack Givi compatible from the start, or provide an adapter plate, but either way, it would be nice to have that as an official Can-Am accessory versus the jury-rig aftermarket approach folks have to take now if they choose to mount a top box. (Bonus if it includes the wiring for a high-mount brake light standard! :thumbup:)

So, what do YOU want to share?

Ga Blue Knight
06-06-2013, 08:21 AM
OMG! Let the sparks fly! This will be a very interesting thread no doubt

BajaRon
06-06-2013, 08:26 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=44Owr4iBctU

Bob Denman
06-06-2013, 08:37 AM
Gee Ron, :shocked:
I thought for sure that you'd thank them for the limp OEM anti-swaybars... :D :roflblack: :thumbup:

But I do agree with your choice! :2thumbs: :clap:

docdoru
06-06-2013, 08:41 AM
Thank you BRP for building the Spyder!
Amazingly in 5 years she made-it over the 200,000 miles mark and FIM 2012 Speed Record.
More to come...;)

dave01
06-06-2013, 08:48 AM
Comments kept to myself for fear of being banned, other than THANKS for making my choice to switch to a Goldwing so easy.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

shelbydave
06-06-2013, 09:02 AM
I would agree with improve the dealer network. It appears that they have some sort of "regions" set up now, which in a sense will stifle competition, and will result in some shoddy dealers. Get rid of that model, and allow any MC dealer that wants to sell - provided they also have fully qualified service tech in house as well.

Also improve the supply chain process. Customers shouldn't have to wait more than 24 hours for parts to come in while their Spyder is in the shop.

diesel-dawg
06-06-2013, 09:19 AM
My comments:

1. Underbelly skid plate is insufficient for large road debris. Front end of frunk is highly vulnerable to damage and is not flexible in small curb bumps.

2. The radiator exhaust heat problem is intolerable. Engineering a solution is not that difficult. BRP seems to have their head in the sand on this issue. As a stop gap measure, why not develop a heat deflector for venting air around or below the driver's leg and retro fit it to machines on the road?

3. Dealer service network is not adequately trained across the board and there does not seem to be adequate control over quality service.

4. In my circumstances, BRP customer service representatives do NOT get back on emails sent complaining of issues. This gives the customer the impression that BRP does not care or thumbs it nose at a customer with a serious concern.

Bob Denman
06-06-2013, 09:19 AM
Comments kept to myself for fear of being banned, other than THANKS for making my choice to switch to a Goldwing so easy.

C'mon Dave... :shocked:
There's got to be something that you can say i here about your trials and tribulations... ;)

Cruzr Joe
06-06-2013, 09:23 AM
BRP:

Thanks for getting my fat a** out of the easy chair and back in the wind.

Cruzr Joe

NancysToy
06-06-2013, 09:26 AM
Install a bulls-eye sightglass on the oil tank, with a corresponding view hole in the fairing! nojoke

This is long, long overdue!

dave01
06-06-2013, 09:32 AM
Install a bulls-eye sightglass on the oil tank, with a corresponding view hole in the fairing! nojoke

That would be nice.

daveinva
06-06-2013, 09:32 AM

:agree: Good one Scotty!

Cruzr Joe
06-06-2013, 09:37 AM

I wish i knew what that meant. :hun: :opps: I would probably agree. :dontknow:

Cruzr Joe

NancysToy
06-06-2013, 09:44 AM
I wish i knew what that meant. :hun: :opps: I would probably agree. :dontknow:

Cruzr Joe

A sight glass is a circular or tubular glass window, that installs in the crankcase or oil tank to allow you to see the actual oil level. A bullseye glass is circular, ith a smaller circular target area and a dot at the proper level.

Cruzr Joe
06-06-2013, 09:54 AM
A sight glass is a circular or tubular glass window, that installs in the crankcase or oil tank to allow you to see the actual oil level. A bullseye glass is circular, ith a smaller circular target area and a dot at the proper level.

Thanks, now that i know what it is, I agree:agree:

Cruzr joe

spydercatjohn
06-06-2013, 09:55 AM
Since we're all going to be at the Owner's Event soon enough, I figured I'd put this up to get people thinking about what thoughts/feedback/requests they'd like to share with the BRP reps while hobknobbing at the Owner's Event.

Aside from the inevitable "improve your dealer network, here's how," I've got two things to share:

1. A big thank you for building the Spyder, of course. :2thumbs:

2. A request for an official top box and/or rack mount for the RS/ST. Should be easy enough to either make the RS sport rack Givi compatible from the start, or provide an adapter plate, but either way, it would be nice to have that as an official Can-Am accessory versus the jury-rig aftermarket approach folks have to take now if they choose to mount a top box. (Bonus if it includes the wiring for a high-mount brake light standard! :thumbup:)

So, what do YOU want to share?

Buttons with better feel for the radio and menu.
More visible yellow turn signals on front of mirror.
Three year full warranty.
An engine that runs at lower rpm and is quieter.

Otherwise the Spyder is a good value.

Bob Denman
06-06-2013, 10:00 AM
I guess that I just see a couple of spots where they could improve the quality of some components... :thumbup:
stereo
clutches
switches
vacuum lines
plug wires
magneto ouput
tires
:shocked:

jthornton
06-06-2013, 10:01 AM
A turn signal button that doesn't take 30 seconds of your undivided attention to cancel. Come on, left blinker, right blinker, left blinker OMG I finally hit the sweet tiny spot in the middle to cancel the turn signal. Sometimes it cancels itself when it want's to and sometimes it goes for ever... the people behind you wonder what the heck is this idiot doing on that strange machine.

JT

Cruzr Joe
06-06-2013, 10:24 AM
we are turning left, or is it right, wait maybe we want to stay in this lane.

MouthPiece
06-06-2013, 10:27 AM
I already told them when I was called yesterday by a representative of BRP. I said I loved my spyder, that I have an excellent dealer in Seminole Power Sports in Sanford, Florida, that I thanked them for the expeditious way they corrected the ball joint problem, I told them that I felt it was a bit more sensitive (my 2013 that is) to wind gusts and semi trucks, but that over all I was having a ball on my spyder.

Chris

jthornton
06-06-2013, 10:28 AM
we are turning left, or is it right, wait maybe we want to stay in this lane.

That's why I ask new drivers this question, when you see a vehicle with the left/right (your choice) turn signal on what does that mean? They usually reply it's going to turn left/right. I say no, it just means the turn signal works and nothing else.

JT

Bob Denman
06-06-2013, 10:29 AM
I already told them when I was called yesterday by a representative of BRP. I said I loved my spyder, that I have an excellent dealer in Seminole Power Sports in Sanford, Florida, that I thanked them for the expeditious way they corrected the ball joint problem, I told them that I felt it was a bit more sensitive (my 2013 that is) to wind gusts and semi trucks, but that over all I was having a ball on my spyder.

And that's what it's all about! :2thumbs:

SpyderAnn01
06-06-2013, 10:29 AM
Along the same lines as the oil sightglass how about one for the clutch fluid. Make the multi function display with better contrast for visibility in the sunshine.

Bob, they did improve the stereo on the 2013 and you can actually hear it at highway speeds.

Jeriatric
06-06-2013, 10:54 AM
But, if they don't do a better job selecting and policeing their dealers they will slow their growth exponentially. In the end that will hurt not only them but us. imo

Raknid
06-06-2013, 10:56 AM
Regarding the RT...make the scale range of the speedometer more usable and readable. Scale of 0-200 mph renders very hard to read. The dial spends time over a 1/5 sweep. Zero to 140 would make for much improved readability. Regarding the analog temp and fuel dials, it is inexcusable that they are so poor and useless that the recommendation is to disconnect them. This should be a recall and replace with oil pressure and voltage gauges that actually function.

Bob Denman
06-06-2013, 10:58 AM
Bob, they did improve the stereo on the 2013 and you can actually hear it at highway speeds.
Thanks Anne!
Now if they could just do something about the quality of music that I lilsten to! :shocked: :roflblack:

Green RSS
06-06-2013, 11:01 AM
A turn signal button that doesn't take 30 seconds of your undivided attention to cancel. Come on, left blinker, right blinker, left blinker OMG I finally hit the sweet tiny spot in the middle to cancel the turn signal. Sometimes it cancels itself when it want's to and sometimes it goes for ever... the people behind you wonder what the heck is this idiot doing on that strange machine.

JT

:agree: Right on!! I don't recall having this issue with my RSS, but on the STS it is a PITA to cancel the turn signal.

Raknid
06-06-2013, 11:02 AM
Also on RT....as a touring mount, try to find a way to give future models a larger fuel cell.

Cruzr Joe
06-06-2013, 11:03 AM
Thanks Anne!
Now if they could just do something about the quality of music that I lilsten to! :shocked: :roflblack:

I have seen your list of music choices ................. You need help

Cruzr Joe

Jeriatric
06-06-2013, 11:04 AM
Regarding the RT...make the scale range of the speedometer more usable and readable. Scale of 0-200 mph renders very hard to read. The dial spends time over a 1/5 sweep. Zero to 140 would make for much improved readability. Regarding the analog temp and fuel dials, it is inexcusable that they are so poor and useless that the recommendation is to disconnect them. This should be a recall and replace with oil pressure and voltage gauges that actually function.

The speedo gives you a digital read out.

The fuel gauge problem, has been resolved. (see your dealer)

And the temp gauge has always worked well.

Raknid
06-06-2013, 11:12 AM
The speedo gives you a digital read out.

The fuel gauge problem, has been resolved. (see your dealer)

And the temp gauge has always worked well.
Understood on the digital speedometer, my comment was about readability of the analog speedometer ...it is poor. What was the resolution to the analog fuel gauge? Once you disconnect the analog fuel gauge it also disables the analog temp, correct?
Our Spyder is 7 months old and at that time the dealer recommendation was to disconnect the analog fuel (and thus temp too) gauge.

Sarge707
06-06-2013, 11:21 AM
1- Make the RT RPM #s bigger like the RS so you can see MPH AND RPM together instead of having to look at the analog guage for RPM.
2-Do away with the two large analog Guages (MPH,RPM ) and put in a GPS on one side and Doppler Weather on the other!:hun:
3-Change the suspension BACK to 2012 levels because everybodys going to have a terrible time putting on Rons sway bar!!!:banghead:

Thank You for making the Spyder because it makes Retired Life Great "All Year Round!!""":lecturef_smilie:

Jeriatric
06-06-2013, 11:24 AM
Understood on the digital speedometer, my comment was about readability of the analog speedometer ...it is poor. What was the resolution to the analog fuel gauge? Once you disconnect the analog fuel gauge it also disables the analog temp, correct?
Our Spyder is 7 months old and at that time the dealer recommendation was to disconnect the analog fuel (and thus temp too) gauge.

BRP has a BUD's update and a new fuel gauge that cures the bouncing fuel gauge problem. Have been running mine for several thousand miles now and am very happy with the results.

Bob Denman
06-06-2013, 11:24 AM
I have seen your list of music choices ................. You need help

Cruzr Joe

I've heard it before...
"That boy ain't right..." :shocked:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vse5RfZPrCA

;)

bscrive
06-06-2013, 11:25 AM
The reason for the analog speedometer going to 200 is because it was built in Canada and we go by kph. So, we have a speedometer that will go up to 200km/hr (125 mph). If it only went up to 140 then Canadians would only have a speedometer good for 140kph (87mph).

wyliec
06-06-2013, 11:26 AM
The #1 idea is Scotty's.

daveinva,

You used the word jerry rig regarding a givi top case and sport rack, which to means it looks like crap. Is that what you meant?

I have that set up and you only see the givi mounted behind the BRP back rest. But, to be honest, I believe even if BRP came up with a factory option it would still look out of place. Then again, I feel the givi side cases on a gs/rs look out of place. The only side cases that looked good were the corbins for the gs/rs IMHO.

I guess my point is that the person who made my mounting plate that the givi plate attaches to (on which the givi top rack sits) did a good job. But, you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. That being said, it's great for storage and quickly getting to an item.

BajaRon
06-06-2013, 11:28 AM
Gee Ron, :shocked:
I thought for sure that you'd thank them for the limp OEM anti-swaybars... :D :roflblack: :thumbup:

But I do agree with your choice! :2thumbs: :clap:

http://www.hainescitylodge219.net/images/template/smileywzipper.jpg

Bob Denman
06-06-2013, 11:30 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_2_26.gif

jthornton
06-06-2013, 11:39 AM
The reason for the analog speedometer going to 200 is because it was built in Canada and we go by kph. So, we have a speedometer that will go up to 200km/hr (125 mph). If it only went up to 140 then Canadians would only have a speedometer good for 140kph (87mph).

Sorry, but that makes no sense at all. A 140 mph speedometer would read 225.30816 kph...

JT

asp125
06-06-2013, 11:39 AM
- More powah!
- Less nanny
- oil sight glass
- better heat management
- Dzus/ quick-release fasteners on undertray and side panels
- bigger sway bar
- angled valve stems
- adjustable handlebars on the RS
- vented windscreens across the model line
- hand operated brake
- better dealer service training and authorized network of independent shops
- did I say more powah?!

In short, let the Spyder evolve into what most of us have had to do to "fix" the factory design shortcomings.

Bob Denman
06-06-2013, 11:45 AM
In short, let the Spyder evolve into what most of us have had to do to "fix" the factory design shortcomings.
Are they shortcomings? You bought the bike with them... :dontknow:

Most of us just wouldn't be satisfied if the bike had a million horsepower, got a million miles to the gallon, and went a million miles between servicing; which would only cost a buck! :shocked:

wyliec
06-06-2013, 11:47 AM
Are they shorcomings? You bought the bike with them... :dontknow:

Most of us just wouldn't be satisfied if the bike had a million horsepower, got a million miles to the gallon, and went a million miles between servicing; which would only cost a buck! :shocked:

Like it, Bob.:thumbup:

I think BRP has the done a great job. For those that think the spyder needs a bunch of changes, the price would have to go up and those that weren't interested in the changes would have to pay. I like to add only the mods that I want/need and keep our supporting vendors in business.

However, something needs to be done with some of the (bad) dealers.

dave01
06-06-2013, 11:51 AM
and went a million miles between servicing; which would only cost a buck! :shocked:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=69423&d=1370537409 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=336&attachmentid=58975) It should be 5 cents.

BajaRon
06-06-2013, 11:53 AM
- More powah!
- Less nanny
- oil sight glass
- better heat management
- Dzus/ quick-release fasteners on undertray and side panels
- bigger sway bar
- angled valve stems
- adjustable handlebars on the RS
- vented windscreens across the model line
- hand operated brake
- better dealer service training and authorized network of independent shops
- did I say more powah?!

I've got your angled valve stems for you.... I'm working on the rest of your list! :roflblack:

http://farm1.staticflickr.com/85/223185737_41a695afb5_n.jpg

Heat management solved.... This is easier than I thought! Maybe I can get a job with BRP! :ohyea:

http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv23/Zanbaker/HP%20and%20NF%20pics/IcedCar.jpg

We'er getting somewhere now! Adjustable handlebars! You got it! They don't get much more adjustable than this! Any more adjustment and you'll have to stand up to ride!

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0fbbh26az1qhwuczo1_500.jpg

daveinva
06-06-2013, 11:58 AM
The #1 idea is Scotty's.

daveinva,

You used the word jerry rig regarding a givi top case and sport rack, which to means it looks like crap. Is that what you meant?

I have that set up and you only see the givi mounted behind the BRP back rest. But, to be honest, I believe even if BRP came up with a factory option it would still look out of place. Then again, I feel the givi side cases on a gs/rs look out of place. The only side cases that looked good were the corbins for the gs/rs IMHO.

I guess my point is that the person who made my mounting plate that the givi plate attaches to (on which the givi top rack sits) did a good job. But, you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. That being said, it's great for storage and quickly getting to an item.

How did you install your's? I ask because when I've done the research here on mounting a topbox, whether Givi, Shad or something else, it's involved drilling and retrofitting mounting plates to either the BRP sport rack, or directly to the tail piece of the Spyder.

I don't have a BRP backrest, nor do I want one-- I have an aftermarket Ultimate seat. But I'd sure love the option of replacing the tailpiece with a factory-designed mounting plate that works with a topbox, whichever one BRP chose (I just threw out Givi, seeing as BRP uses their sidebags as well figured they could work that package deal).

asp125
06-06-2013, 11:59 AM
Are they shorcomings? You bought the bike with them... :dontknow:

Let's say "quirks", or "features" then. If they weren't shortcomings why do so many others here buy a Spyder and post up about the soft suspension and terrible heat issues?

Bob Denman
06-06-2013, 12:05 PM
I've got your angled valve stems for you.... I'm working on the rest of your list! :roflblack:

http://farm1.staticflickr.com/85/223185737_41a695afb5_n.jpg

Heat management solved.... This is easier than I thought! Maybe I can get a job with BRP! :ohyea:

http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv23/Zanbaker/HP%20and%20NF%20pics/IcedCar.jpg

We'er getting somewhere now! Adjustable handlebars! You got it! They don't get much more adjustable than this! Any more adjustment and you'll have to stand up to ride!

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0fbbh26az1qhwuczo1_500.jpg
Ron,
If you need help spending the GoZillions of dollars that you're sure to make picking up the pieces that BRP has dropped; I'm the guy to call! :thumbup:

scooterexpress
06-06-2013, 12:29 PM
i think someone in here needs to take this list of improvments with them to the o.e. m.v. and ask to stand-up and speak directly to brp in front of ev1,this way we know then that brp got the messsege were trying to send and they will have no reason to say we did'nt hear you speak up. (so bob u going to o.e:yikes:?:roflblack:)

1. bigger engine
2. another gear

Biosafena
06-06-2013, 12:35 PM
I agree with scooterexpress. Bob gets my vote as a delegate (aka. mouthpiece). We would have to call him "the distinguished gentleman from New York"' but if anyone can get the message across it would be Bob.

Sent from the corner of walk and don't walk....

wyliec
06-06-2013, 12:36 PM
A couple pics: The second pic. shows how the topcase mounts to the backrest. Notice the RAM ball mount; there are 2 and act as snubbers. They've been there for over 3 years with no problems. The 2 eyebolts are for our helmet loks. The pics. look like crap anytime I reduce the size so as to attach them here. They were actually taken with a camera and not a cell phone.

Rayelljay
06-06-2013, 12:44 PM
A more accessible way of checking coolant level.

spydermyke990
06-06-2013, 12:52 PM
Hmmmmm.... How about a helmet lock, glove box up on the "tank" on the rs & st models, a phantom black kit for the sts, and lightning connector interface cable for the stereo ( for iPhone 5 & new generation iPods) ?:thumbup:

Cruzr Joe
06-06-2013, 01:01 PM
I agree with scooterexpress. Bob gets my vote as a delegate (aka. mouthpiece). We would have to call him "the distinguished gentleman from New York"' but if anyone can get the message across it would be Bob.

now do you want Bob or Mouthpiece???? i am confused.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

effgjamis
06-06-2013, 01:04 PM
Haven't read all the posts, so, I may be duplicating an early post.

BRP....... What about increasing the MPG's ? (​mpg = miles per gallon )

Bob Denman
You want Mouthpiece up there! :thumbup:
I'm not a distinguished anything...:opps:
But I have been called "a big pain in the ....." :yikes:

Raknid
Sorry, but that makes no sense at all. A 140 mph speedometer would read 225.30816 kph...

JTApparently they are using the same dial and range regardless of whether the unit is kph or mph..hence the zero to 200 range. I guess that is a business decision based upon scale and economics. Perhaps as volumes increase they can do a kpm and separate mph dial based on geography. Or take a cue from the auto industry on design for human factors and come up with an integrated design that works better, Or go all digital...

jthornton
06-06-2013, 01:09 PM
Apparenlty they are using the same dial and range regardless of whether the unit is kph or mph. I guess that is a business decision based upon scale and economics. Perhaps as volumes increase they can do a kpm and separate mph dial. Or take a cue from the auto industry on design for human factors and come up with an integrated design that works better, Or go all digital...

If they have two different dials 0-200mph and 0-200kph that is two different speedos with different scales so to have the same scale the mph version should read 0-125mph. I think it is very poor a sales gimmick..

JT

bscrive
06-06-2013, 01:10 PM

JT

JT,

I get what you are saying but both of the speedometers are made for kph and mph. It is just a setting in the setup. If the analog display only goes up to 140, then when we have it set to kph the analog speedometer would only be able to display up to 140 kph.

Brian

jthornton
06-06-2013, 01:17 PM
I want to do this on my Spyder!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Icje9Wdybo

JT

dave01
06-06-2013, 01:17 PM

What, you mean you dont get 49 mpg? Oops, that was on the wing. My rt averaged 36.

jthornton
06-06-2013, 01:42 PM
JT,

I get what you are saying but both of the speedometers are made for kph and mph. It is just a setting in the setup. If the analog display only goes up to 140, then when we have it set to kph the analog speedometer would only be able to display up to 140 kph.

Brian

Your correct, it is not marked like I assumed... so you don't know what the speedo is reading kph or mph till you get run over or pulled over :roflblack:

JT

bullant12
06-06-2013, 01:53 PM

Really Forrest?!?! Run!:trike:

:roflblack::roflblack:

rabtech
06-06-2013, 01:58 PM
​THANKS!

ulflyer
06-06-2013, 02:09 PM
Turn Signals..big issue needs fixing. In the interim, can the computer be reset to cancel quicker? About 15 sec will do it, and let it work in self canc mode.

ARtraveler
06-06-2013, 02:09 PM
I am not going to the event so will not be able to talk to them in person. I did get a chance to talk with a rep when they were making "random" calls to members. My talk lasted almost two hours. I had a chance to fill them in on what I thought was both good and bad. I got the impression that they were not excited about hearing about the "bad". They don't converse with me anymore. :roflblack:

I would like to see a bigger engine. The jury is out whether or not another gear is needed. But...............then we get into the place of another new product and potential issues. Would I buy a premier edition 1200 or bigger cc Spyder? I can't bet any money on that at this time.

I shall sit back and not say to much more. :bbq::bbq::bbq:

Raknid
06-06-2013, 02:21 PM
I am not going to the event so will not be able to talk to them in person. I did get a chance to talk with a rep when they were making "random" calls to members. My talk lasted almost two hours. I had a chance to fill them in on what I thought was both good and bad. I got the impression that they were not excited about hearing about the "bad". They don't converse with me anymore. :roflblack:

I would like to see a bigger engine. The jury is out whether or not another gear is needed. But...............then we get into the place of another new product and potential issues. Would I buy a premier edition 1200 or bigger cc Spyder? I can't bet any money on that at this time.

I shall sit back and not say to much more. :bbq::bbq::bbq: If they were willing to take two hours to listen to customer feedback, I have to give them kudos for that.

DR Buck
06-06-2013, 02:29 PM
I can't agree with a lot of the posted suggestions. I consider most of them to be individual customizations (farkles). However, things that are truly design flaws or major PIAs would be good ideas. The number 1 issue almost everybody has dealt with to one extreme or another is the right foot heat problem. BRP should address that!

PrairieSpyder
06-06-2013, 02:33 PM
I haven't had extensive experience in the service departments, but based on the discussions here, I would agree with the better development of the dealer and service networks.

I'd add that they should license non-dealer service centers.

I'd also ask for better gas mileage.

And. . . . http://smileys.emoticonsonly.com/emoticons/m/me_too-859.gif on making Bob Denman our spokesman. http://smileys.emoticonsonly.com/emoticons/b/blah_blah_blah-832.gif

mwalsh6
06-06-2013, 02:34 PM
I think he first question I would ask is why such an expensive CB radio can't transmit worth a damm. At about $900 it should be one of the best on the market. This was a very dissapointing waste of money for me. Even with the after market antenna it is still way below average.

Mike

ruthie
06-06-2013, 02:37 PM
A easy way to check the coolant level and to add too. More recognition for us Ladies that ride the Spyder. Improve MPG, turn signals

jthornton
06-06-2013, 02:40 PM
I haven't had extensive experience in the service departments, but based on the discussions here, I would agree with the better development of the dealer and service networks.

I'd add that they should license non-dealer service centers.

I'd also ask for better gas mileage.

And. . . . http://smileys.emoticonsonly.com/emoticons/m/me_too-859.gif on making Bob Denman our spokesman. http://smileys.emoticonsonly.com/emoticons/b/blah_blah_blah-832.gif

:agree::agree::agree:

Brilliant idea on the non-dealer service centers...

JT

scooterexpress
06-06-2013, 02:55 PM
bob we know your fingers are very loud,so it's time to get that voice warmed-up voice lessons might be needed:roflblack:
looks like at this time your it (god forgive us all:pray:).:roflblack:.

i have to agree on dealerships,but first eliminate the bad ones before creating better ones.i've been asked where to buy one of these spyders 1st thing i ask is where do you live and warn them about 2 bad dealers right off the bat had to explain there nice up front but as soon as u sign paperwork it's basically "don't call us well call you" type of place.

MouthPiece
06-06-2013, 04:05 PM
now do you want Bob or Mouthpiece???? i am confused.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

LOL!!! No way Jose'!!!!! I don't have a dawg in this hunt. They'd be cornfused if I spoke anyways.

Chris

BajaRon
06-06-2013, 04:11 PM
Are women driving/passengers in Spyder commercials -------yes
Does BRP make Spyder clothing for women ------yes
Is any model Spyder built as a unisex bike -----yes
Do women work for BRP ---yes
Do women travel with BRP for demo shows -----yes

I'm trying to understand what BRP is missing to have you feel this way ?????

http://smileys.emoticonsonly.com/emoticons/g/grenade_toss-2430.gif

spyderyderjim
06-06-2013, 04:18 PM
My Comments:
BRP should correct safety issue with gas BOILING in gas tanks :yes:on Spyder RT's; (add heat reflecting insulation around front & sides of gas tank).
Future improvements:
A larger 9 gal gas tank, (insulated), for a 200 mile touring range.
Scotty's idea, oil tank sight glass, & viewing hole in fairing.

Sarge707
06-06-2013, 04:50 PM
Are women driving/passengers in Spyder commercials -------yes
Does BRP make Spyder clothing for women ------yes
Is any model Spyder built as a unisex bike -----yes
Do women work for BRP ---yes
Do women travel with BRP for demo shows -----yes

I'm trying to understand what BRP is missing to have you feel this way ?????

Said "With a New YoorKK Accent!!:roflblack:):roflblack::roflblack::roflbla ck:

Bob Denman
06-06-2013, 05:18 PM

:shocked: BUT.... I'm not able to attend this year... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_19_5.gif :gaah:

Jeriatric
06-06-2013, 05:22 PM
My Comments:
BRP should correct safety issue with gas BOILING in gas tanks :yes:on Spyder RT's; (add heat reflecting insulation around front & sides of gas tank).
Future improvements:
A larger 9 gal gas tank, (insulated), for a 200 mile touring range.
Scotty's idea, oil tank sight glass, & viewing hole in fairing.

It must get hot where you are. That would be above 90 degrees. Yes? :roflblack::roflblack:

ruthie
06-06-2013, 05:28 PM
Easier oil change, don't have to jack it up and easy asset to filters.

doctorlbug
06-06-2013, 05:29 PM
I agree with the need to really address their dealerships.
My wife and I signed up for a demo ride the Saturday before Easter, but there was an incident (not because of us) and we were not able to ride.
I was working with the dealer, and we were within $750 of making a deal on a 2013 RTS (i was putting $20,000 cash down). After being at the dealer for almost 4 hours taking the pre-ride safety program, then the incident, and trying to buy a spider, we needed to get home for our Easter guest, and I told the dealer that I would come back Monday.
Guess what the dealer told my wife and I!! If we left the deal was off, needless to say I walked out .
Well I am now looking at going back to the Victory's. But maybe there is a good dealer out there, I took a chance and went to Seminole Motorsports in Sanford, Fl, and they have not been pushy I just might try to deal with them for a Spyder.

Bob Denman
06-06-2013, 05:33 PM
Dealers... :gaah:
They seem to be popping up an awful lot in here! :shocked:
Getting your dealers to all dance to the same beat is probably about like herding ducks down the highway; not easy, not pretty, and rarely successful! :gaah:

Biosafena
06-06-2013, 05:40 PM
Ok. So Bob can't make it to he owner's event. Why don't we name him the official ambassador of SL and he can start a US tour (think rock star, Bob) and visit each and every dealership. Get them on he right track and report back to the mother ship on those that don't pass muster. We need a man on the inside!! :)

Jeriatric
06-06-2013, 05:42 PM
After thinking long and hard. What I would ask of BRP is this.

The Spyder needs an optional power source for those who can't stand 4K+.

It needs a ' BIG RUBBER BAND ' and a wind up handle.

:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:: roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflbl ack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::r oflblack::roflblack:

flamingobabe
06-06-2013, 05:44 PM
Thanks to BRP for making the Spyder...I could never find a happy place on two-wheels......thanks ....there are issues...but all makes and models have issues....but the dealers need to be able to get the parts...stock parts...Mark does 99.9% of the work on the Spyder..

lookerjdc
06-06-2013, 05:46 PM
I would tell them I am very happy with my Spyder and for having the opportunity to continue riding since I cant support 2-wheelers any more, and........ I would like to know how much Molson they were drinking when they decided to place the fan next to the right driver foot area and ask why they didnt at least place some heat shielding inside the tupperware (you know, the sheets of silver heat shielding you can purchase at most auto stores).... inquiring minds want to know

Jeriatric
06-06-2013, 05:49 PM
I would tell them I am very happy with my Spyder and for having the opportunity to continue riding since I cant support 2-wheelers any more, and........ I would like to know how much Molson they were drinking when they decided to place the fan next to the right driver foot area and ask why they didnt at least place some heat shielding inside the tupperware (you know, the sheets of silver heat shielding you can purchase at most auto stores).... inquiring minds want to know

Does it get hot down there?

Wazoo
06-06-2013, 06:03 PM
BRP seems like a company hard-wired for off road vehicles. However Spyders are unique in BRP's lineup as the only product that will be sharing the road with cars and trucks in some very unforgiving conditions. The bike first and foremost must be safe. I believe this because I do not perceive a greater urgency to address safety issues over convenience issues. The turn signals, vacuum hoses and heat issues should not be perceived as upgrades for another year (there may be others). That said I agree with all of the suggestions in this thread.

mob133
06-06-2013, 06:27 PM
can't make the event so maybe someone could pass this along,#1the header pipes should be wrapped and heat shielding should be on the gas tank I feel this is a major cause of the gas odors as well as heat issues at the seat and glove compartment # 2 brp needs to relize they are now in the automotive business not just pure recreation an owner doesn't want to wait days t have vehicles serviced or repaired there are some this is primary transportation. #3 also some heat shielding would be nice by the cat. these are all very doable and relatively inexpensive considering how over priced these units are

Bob Ledford
06-06-2013, 06:35 PM
1. Less expensive accessories.
2. Less expensive clothing items.
3. More storage space if possible without increasing MSRP.
4. Solve the heat problem by improving venting or airflow.
4a. Eliminate boiling fuel in tank.
4b. Eliminate hot feet syndrome.

wis2013rtltd
06-06-2013, 06:40 PM
to view the forums on Spyders and try addressing the five most common complaints from the owners whom take the time to mention them. If they survey their dealers as well, they will certainly see a common pattern. Most importantly, I would say thank you for an innovative, entertaining product!!!!

Deanna777
06-06-2013, 07:25 PM
I would ask BRP to have more Can-Am dealers in the NEW England States. Specially in Vermont. There is only 2 in this state. that I know of. Also, the Can-Am dealers have the part s in stock. Also, have larger gas tanks. Deanna777:ohyea:

Topshotta
06-06-2013, 07:28 PM
A more accessible way of checking coolant level.

Second that........the color of the coolant is so light that i can't see the level.I tried using a flash light but did not help.

Jeriatric
06-06-2013, 07:28 PM
Two Dealers. Doesn't that mean you have one on each corner already :joke:

ElZorroRides
06-06-2013, 08:34 PM
I've said this before in another thread but, I've ridden and owned a fair amount of bikes over the years and the Spyder as much as I like it has probably the most vibration I've ever experienced on a machine. The bad harmonics and engine vibrations are well,..... BAD. Why do I have to ride above 5500 rpm's almost all the time to keep the vibrations to a bearable level? Is the engine solid mounted to the frame or does it have rubber mounts? Can't really tell. This seems to be an issue on any model as I've ridden them all at one time or another.

How about a ROTAX that has allot of low end torque so you don't have to have the thing all revved up all the time? One that let's you lug along in a lower gear if you want at around 2000-3000 RPM's.

Lastly, how about some more variety in colors? I'd love to see more pretty colors.....:clap: :roflblack:

Flanker
06-06-2013, 09:22 PM
As I've previously posted: 200 + BHP, 6 spd tranny (manual), traction control and VSS that can be switched off, 16/17 inch standard rims to provide greater replacement tire choice, screw on oil filter and easier oil tank access. Anti radar coting would be cool too! :thumbup:

effgjamis
06-06-2013, 09:36 PM
What, you mean you dont get 49 mpg? Oops, that was on the wing. My rt averaged 36.

Yeah, driving 36 :yikes:miles per hour down hill..:roflblack:

kepople
06-07-2013, 07:32 AM
I have not had mine long, but I should be able to check and fill all fluids and have direct access to the battery terminals without having to remove any panels or take out a single screw.

Sorry if this is a duplicate post, I only made it through the last page of posts

Edsts
06-07-2013, 08:06 AM
My comments:

1. Underbelly skid plate is insufficient for large road debris. Front end of frunk is highly vulnerable to damage and is not flexible in small curb bumps.

2. The radiator exhaust heat problem is intolerable. Engineering a solution is not that difficult. BRP seems to have their head in the sand on this issue. As a stop gap measure, why not develop a heat deflector for venting air around or below the driver's leg and retro fit it to machines on the road?

3. Dealer service network is not adequately trained across the board and there does not seem to be adequate control over quality service.

4. In my circumstances, BRP customer service representatives do NOT get back on emails sent complaining of issues. This gives the customer the impression that BRP does not care or thumbs it nose at a customer with a serious concern.

You took the word rite out of my belly, LoL
well said !
Pls post up the feed back from Big Rip-off Purchase ! Pls

Edsts
06-07-2013, 08:22 AM
A bigger battery so you don't have to plug the unit into a battery tender all the time !
Since like many have said the unit is constantly drawing power even when it's off !

Edsts
06-07-2013, 08:25 AM

I ask cus BRP has force me into buying a boat , lmao

i know I know my spelling is unreliable like my sts is !

WackyDan
06-07-2013, 08:50 AM
1. Improve quality of dealer service techs and require them to keep a slightly higher inventory of commonly failed parts on hand. BRP has this data, they should use it. You can't however expect a dealer to improve the overall quality of their personalities or speed/priority of service. These are mom and pop shops and some just have no business sense. In their defense, their business does tend to be highly seasonal, and they can't afford to fully staff year round for that... So there is the rub. Get your spyder in early if you have that choice.

2. The oil view port/window on the oil tank would be probably one of the cheapest and most welcome additions to the design.

3. Please sell BRP/Spyder shirts in the form of T-shirts... Those european-canadian shirts and the material they are made of just don't ring my bell... If BRP had any brains, they'd recognize just how many branded T-shirts Harley sells in the states and just do it. It is sad that my favorite shirts are the ones from the various spyder rallies, Lamont's BBQ, and the ones from CAT Specialties (Site sponsor)

4. Selectable NANNY... I don't want to turn it off, but I do want a default touring mode, maybe a rain mode, and the mode I really want - Sport mode... Which would allow a few more degrees of steering angle and adjust the Nanny's algorithm appropriately so that she isn't shutting me down to one cylinder too soon as I exit a sharp corner in the twisties. This, I want more than a more powerful engine and probably needs to come before that or as part of that. THIS alone would get me to near immediately upgrade to a new Spyder.

5. Bigger/more powerful engine and some slightly taller gearing. You can get more power and preserve the MPG or improve it potentially. I'm starting to have my doubts that this will ever happen, but there are enough of us out there that are waiting for it. Doesn't need to be a monster, but a nice bump in HP and a little more Torque would go a long way.

1551retired
06-07-2013, 10:25 AM
I think he first question I would ask is why such an expensive CB radio can't transmit worth a damm. At about $900 it should be one of the best on the market. This was a very dissapointing waste of money for me. Even with the after market antenna it is still way below average.

Mike If you're using an aftermarket antenna that hasn't been tuned (SWR) to your CB that is a major problem and could cause your CB final output to burnout when you transmit. The original antenna furnished with the CB is tuned (SWR) to the CB and should not be swapped out with just any antenna.

sunshinelady
06-07-2013, 10:51 AM
I would love the heat blowing on the right side foot area to be corrected especially since it has started to warm up here my foot and leg get too hot!

vondalyn
06-07-2013, 10:57 AM
If they have two different dials 0-200mph and 0-200kph that is two different speedos with different scales so to have the same scale the mph version should read 0-125mph. I think it is very poor a sales gimmick..

JT

It's the same dial. You go into your settings, and set it to metric rather than US. Then your analog speedometer will go from 0-200 Kilometers Per Hour rather than Miles Per Hour. Since you're in the US, your dealer set the setting to US, so you're seeing it display in Miles Per Hour. If you should happen to drive to Canada and tour around there, you can change your settings back to metric. Pretty handy I think, so I like having the same dial.

bhfromme
06-08-2013, 09:39 AM
My dealer tells me they need to get an overnight order in by noon in order to get the part the next day. That needs improvement. Also, fix the heat issue. Make it blue tooth capable. 4-ply tires. Better batteries. All in all though it's a great ride. Kudos to BRP for thinking outside of the box.

Pennyrick
06-08-2013, 11:55 AM
JT,

Brian

I just returned from a trip to Buffalo/Toronto and rented a Chevy Equinox in Buffalo. From the airport to the border the 140 mph speedo read in mph but once I crossed the Peace Bridge I switched over to the metric measurements and my 62 mph became 100 kph on the instrument.

My Spyder at 125 mph would register 200 in kph but I'd be okay if it topped at 112 mph (180 in kph) so I'd be happy with a gauge that topped out at 180. That would allow for bigger numbers.

MikeT
06-08-2013, 12:53 PM
But, if they don't do a better job selecting and policeing their dealers they will slow their growth exponentially. In the end that will hurt not only them but us. imo
:agree: and add dealership network expansion. I live smack dab in the middle of the state. We're known as the "Crossroads of America". We have multiple Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawasaki and H-D dealerships in/around the town. There's even a stand alone Duc dealer here. Do we have a Spyder dealer, NO. What is matter with this picture????????????? The closest one to me is 40 miles away. The mileage to the other 3 dealers goes up substantially.

PrairieSpyder
06-08-2013, 01:59 PM
:agree: and add dealership network expansion. I live smack dab in the middle of the state. We're known as the "Crossroads of America". We have multiple Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawasaki and H-D dealerships in/around the town. There's even a stand alone Duc dealer here. Do we have a Spyder dealer, NO. What is matter with this picture????????????? The closest one to me is 40 miles away. The mileage to the other 3 dealers goes up substantially.

The 2 dealers closest to me are both 130 miles away! That's why I want at least licensed service shop closer to me.

bruiser
06-08-2013, 02:08 PM

JT

At least you don't live in Florida and have blue hair. :roflblack::joke:

ARtraveler
06-08-2013, 02:17 PM
RE: Expanding the dealership network. Can-Am does not open company stores as dealerships. There must be an owner/investor who either has an existing business, or is going to carry the BRP line. This undertaking is big bucks. For a new dealership, add to the inventory, the cost of fixtures, mechanical equipment, and personnel (hopefully qualified). It is kind of the luck of the draw where the dealerships are going to end up and based on where the owner is going to do business.

IMO: BRP is not hindering the process. If you got the money, they got the time. This is one of the reasons we hear a lot of bad things about certain dealerships.

spyderpoop
06-08-2013, 03:03 PM
a larger gas tank and LARGER engine and more attendsion to quality

spyder3
06-08-2013, 03:21 PM
#1 Overall panel removal system. Make it easier, less time consuming, and not have to strip the entire bike down for access to something simple.

#2 Easy access to spark plugs

#3 Easy access to anti-freeze

#4 Oil-what scotty said (and i might add, how about screw in oil filters, no bolds to strip, torque, etc...

#5 Easy access to air filter - Battery

#6 Easier access to brake fluid

#7 Better parts distribution in the USA

#8 Cheaper maintenance- do all the above to accomplish this.

#9 Stop with the cheaply made parts, ie windshield bracket

#10 I love my spyder:yes:

Mad Mike
06-08-2013, 05:07 PM
As stated, Thank You BRP for such a vehicle that brings me such enjoyment. We all know and realize that Rome wasn't built in a day. However, I believe that there are some easy things to fix and I hope one of them is the Belt vibration. I want to some day get a new one that doesn't have that issue to begin with. I do not regret my purchase of the Spyder. I would just like to see the engineers go back to the drawing board on a few things.

AbNormy
06-08-2013, 07:29 PM
Maybe make the heat vent open or close for cold/hot weather?:thumbup: Reimburse us for what we had to do to keep feet from roasting!:banghead:

From Deep in the Hart of Texas!

Cavman
06-08-2013, 10:31 PM
That I would like to see them at the GWRRA's Wing Ding Greenville, SC in July doing demo rides.
Honda, Harley Davidson, BMW, Triumph, Ducati, Lehman Trikes, RoadSmith, Motor Trikes and CSC Trikes will have their bike there for demo rides.

I won't be giving demo rides but will be one of the few CamAm Spyder Roadsters there. Hope to see some of Y'all there too?

Larger gas tank to get better range.

jthornton
06-09-2013, 06:15 AM
I've thought about this a while and instead of suggesting things that might be personal choices I think the Spyder engineers should have to have driven a Spyder 10,000 miles, 3,000 miles in 5 days, 1,000 miles in the Rockey Mtns, 1,000 miles in the desert, 1,000 miles in New York City on business days, 1,000 miles in the Smokey Mtns, 1,000 miles of Canadian back roads, 1,000 miles with 30 gallons of gas, 1,000 miles on gravel roads.

After that we won't need to say a thing they will know what to do.

JT

Jeriatric
06-09-2013, 07:50 AM
I've thought about this a while and instead of suggesting things that might be personal choices I think the Spyder engineers should have to have driven a Spyder 10,000 miles, 3,000 miles in 5 days, 1,000 miles in the Rockey Mtns, 1,000 miles in the desert, 1,000 miles in New York City on business days, 1,000 miles in the Smokey Mtns, 1,000 miles of Canadian back roads, 1,000 miles with 30 gallons of gas, 1,000 miles on gravel roads.

After that we won't need to say a thing they will know what to do.

JT

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlvOzgLOJ08v7-oXcdTVJqEGtFWono_g-YoM5ClA5hoBOmgXbU

:firstplace: :clap:

In the months of July & August

Neez
06-09-2013, 08:23 AM
On the RS I'd like: a coolant reservoir that does not self destruct and is easier to check for level, a sport rack capable of mounting a Givi topcase, and a rear fender that is suspended from above instead being bounced to destruction on the trailing arm.

ThreeFeet
06-09-2013, 08:26 AM
Try to get the carpet in the 622 TRAILER to STAY! Mine is a 2010 and the carpet keeps rolling down the sides.... Mostly in front:(. And the rubber seal at the back has come loose.:helpsmilie: If somebody brought this up already SORRY didn't read all the posts. ran out of time. And YES I glued and it still comes down, and the rubber gasket has come loose AGAIN. Not sure Gorrilla Glue is all that great!:dontknow:

Highwayman2013
06-09-2013, 08:46 AM
I've only got a few miles on my RT but here goes. Why does my lawnmower have a spin on oil filter but my spyder doesn't? I just did an oil change and wonder why it needs two filters? My Kawasaki Vulcan has one oil filter and I can buy one to fit in any auto parts store. I have to echo other comments about checking fluids, should be able to see levels without removing panels. There are small things like a hole in the key for key chains. The valve stem on the rear wheel is in a bad location. How long will it be before we can upgrade the SE5 to fully automatic?:yikes: I'm sure there are other things I can't think of.

Thanks for building the Spyder!:ani29:

Bob Denman
06-09-2013, 08:52 AM
[

QUOTE=Jerbear;637211]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlvOzgLOJ08v7-oXcdTVJqEGtFWono_g-YoM5ClA5hoBOmgXbU

:firstplace: :clap:

In the months of July & August[/QUOTE]
:agree: Real-World testing under Real-World conditions... :2thumbs:

rthomp32
06-09-2013, 09:21 AM
How about more accurate instrumentation. What is the point of a temp gauge that normally is 8 degrees off and a fuel gauge that reads empty when there are 2 gallons remaining? This just makes me question the validity of the rest of the electronics.

Bob Denman
06-09-2013, 09:24 AM
Are you referring to the thermometer? That's taking readings from under the Tupperware, and I think that it's got a bit to do with the computer's juggling of the fuel delivery system...
Fuel gauge; no excuses for that one! :gaah:

Mad Mike
06-09-2013, 10:56 AM
I agree with JT. Ride what you sell. Ride it till it breaks. Take it back to the lab, tear it apart, RE-ENGINEER! REBUILD..Ride it until it breaks again. The problems mentioned can be easily fixed. We shouldn't have to buy after market this or that to fix whatever is wrong. The Spyder is a vehicle ahead of its time. This vehicle could take the market but not until the aforementioned issues are are solved.

jthornton
06-09-2013, 01:20 PM
Try to get the carpet in the 622 TRAILER to STAY! Mine is a 2010 and the carpet keeps rolling down the sides.... Mostly in front:(. And the rubber seal at the back has come loose.:helpsmilie: If somebody brought this up already SORRY didn't read all the posts. ran out of time. And YES I glued and it still comes down, and the rubber gasket has come loose AGAIN. Not sure Gorrilla Glue is all that great!:dontknow:

According to the tech where I purchased my trailer there is a service bulletin out to remove the double stick tape and glue the carpet in with hot glue.

JT

PrairieSpyder
06-09-2013, 02:48 PM
Does anyone know if BRP will be asking for ideas like this at the Owners' Event?

spyder3
06-09-2013, 03:14 PM
Does anyone know if BRP will be asking for ideas like this at the Owners' Event?

I'm sure not one of them will ask that question....:roflblack: I'm also sure they expect to hear many ideas:cheers:

ARtraveler
06-09-2013, 03:45 PM
One additional idea from me.

Transmissions: Instead of the 5 speed semi-auto--I wonder if a CVT (continuously variable tranmission) might do better on the :spyder2:. Honda has this on a couple of their motorcycles--so it is not a new concept.

diesel-dawg
06-16-2013, 04:24 PM
For those of us who were unable to make the Owner's events, did BRP provide any answers to the heat exhaust issue and more listed in this thread?

Raknid
06-16-2013, 05:14 PM
One additional idea from me.

Transmissions: Instead of the 5 speed semi-auto--I wonder if a CVT (continuously variable tranmission) might do better on the :spyder2:. Honda has this on a couple of their motorcycles--so it is not a new concept.fwiw...last thing I would want is a CVT. Every car I have driven have been rendered soulless with a CVT...look what it has done to some of the Nissans - which actually have very good engines.

poordom
06-24-2013, 05:30 PM
A couple pics: The second pic. shows how the topcase mounts to the backrest. Notice the RAM ball mount; there are 2 and act as snubbers. They've been there for over 3 years with no problems. The 2 eyebolts are for our helmet loks. The pics. look like crap anytime I reduce the size so as to attach them here. They were actually taken with a camera and not a cell phone.

wyliec (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/member.php?3095-wyliec),

The part that is bolted to the seat, is it from the case bracket.

Thanks

Dom

wyliec
06-24-2013, 06:35 PM
wyliec (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/member.php?3095-wyliec),

The part that is bolted to the seat, is it from the case bracket.

Thanks

Dom

The bottom bracket/plate is bolted to the seat. The givi plate sits on top of it and the givi top case on top of the givi plate. The bottom plate was made by a former spyderlover.

The bolts that attach the plate to the seat are longer than stock as are the spacers.

The givi top case locks on to the givi plate.