PDA

View Full Version : shock icon on cluster

rolinfaz
06-05-2013, 08:02 PM
2010 RT A&C...As I return home backing under my carport, I noticed this icon on the cluster with 2 shocks one at the top and one at the bottom with about 5 boxes in between. Bottom 4 boxes highlighted (colored in). I can't find anything in the owners/service manual or online! Can anyone please tell me what the icon means? Thanks in advance!

stevedfive
06-05-2013, 08:05 PM
Because you have an RT A/C i assume the jumper is in the wrong place. I think this is the thread that made Roger a household name. This thread will explain it better. Comment #7

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?25771-Rear-Cargo-Door-Open-message&highlight=Jumper+switch

captblack
06-05-2013, 08:11 PM
That displays when you are in reverse or set the brake - if you do not have the automatic adjustment for your air shock. If you do, it shows the amount of the inflation. It has no meaning unless you have the air pump installed.

rolinfaz
06-05-2013, 08:25 PM
I read the jumper+switch thread! That is just odd for it to come on all of sudden. However, I did upgrade the shocks to 2011 shocks on Saturday. Rode on saturday as well and all was fine until today. It did appear to come on and off as I set and released the brake.

NancysToy
06-05-2013, 09:23 PM
It is on because one of your rear cargo compartments is not fully latched. That's what happens instead of the proper alarm if the jumper is in the wrong place.

rolinfaz
06-06-2013, 06:36 AM
Thanks to all! I'll check the rear cargo when I return home this evening! Just odd to me because I don't have the automatic ACS system.

NancysToy
06-06-2013, 07:17 AM
Thanks to all! I'll check the rear cargo when I return home this evening! Just odd to me because I don't have the automatic ACS system.
What they have inadvertantly done was to mistakenly wire the cargo compartment alarm to the adjustable shock display on the Spyders that don't have that feature. Changing the jumper will cure it and make it show the right display. They simply put the jumper in the wrong slot.

Bob Denman
06-06-2013, 07:32 AM
Just odd to me because I don't have the automatic ACS system.
I smell a major Farkling opportunity! ;)

Add the ACS: it'll fix your warning light AND give you a suspension setup that's easier to adjust! :2thumbs:

MidLifeCrisis
06-06-2013, 07:39 AM
Because you have an RT A/C i assume the jumper is in the wrong place. I think this is the thread that made Roger a household name. This thread will explain it better. Comment #7

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?25771-Rear-Cargo-Door-Open-message&highlight=Jumper+switch

I need to spend more time here like Bob! I totally missed that thread.

Bob Denman
06-06-2013, 07:47 AM
:lecturef_smilie: Caution: Do not attempt this at home! These stunts are being performed by professionals... :roflblack:

NancysToy
06-06-2013, 03:12 PM
With the jumper in the wrong place the rear shock icon doesn't appear when a cargo door is open.
It appears when starting and randomly thereafter
If your eyes aren't glued to the display it's easy to miss as it disappears as mysteriously as it appears.

I wonder if there are some variables in play here? Some have reported repeatable shock displays if a rear cargo compartment was opened while the Spyder was running (and after shutdown with the display still active). Could we also be dealing with loose jumpers, jumpers in other positions, or water in the connector?

ARtraveler
06-06-2013, 03:34 PM
I was one that received some help from Rattigan Roger about a week ago. My issue was that the cargo door open light would not engage. I also saw the shock icons on my digital display from time to time. Also have a 2011 A & C--so the automatic adjustment feature is not available.

The shifting of the jumper to the new location solved my problem immediately. Others have provided the link.

The fix was easy for me--a noted non-mechanic. :roflblack:

Bob Denman
06-06-2013, 05:06 PM
Roger and Steve even managed to get ME through moving the jumper... :opps: And I am the self-proclaimed least mechanically skilled primate on the Planet! :firstplace:
(Seriously: there are monkeys digging bugs out of trees with sharp twigs in Africa who could do less damage with a set of pliers than I do!)

rolinfaz
06-06-2013, 05:53 PM
Well I return home and moved the jumper and everything is fine. Mine was on 5 and 2, so I moved it to 6 and 3. Now I have a big pretty orange light informing me that the rear cargo is open. Working like a charm! Thanks to all! Especially you Bob! How did you ever figure it out, I don't know! No doubt, you are smarter than a 5th grader!