PDA

View Full Version : GPS not working through radio speakers

Questions
06-05-2013, 07:37 PM
Does anyone have info on how to get GPS to work through radio speakers on 2011 RT Limited?? I have all volumes up but only working though GPS speaker.

stevedfive
06-05-2013, 08:03 PM
Is the external speakers turned on?

rcdurango
06-05-2013, 08:06 PM
I found a wire loss in the harass when mine didn't work. But first make sure radio is the Aux. mode for which it must be in. Hope it helps!

MouthPiece
06-05-2013, 08:58 PM
Issues seem to be similar.
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?53526-Has-anyone-had-issues-with-the-GPS-that-comes-with-the-Limited

Chris

Huddleston
06-06-2013, 07:50 AM
I found a wire loss in the harass when mine didn't work. But first make sure radio is the Aux. mode for which it must be in. Hope it helps!

Actually, it does not have to be in Aux. mode on my 2013 RTS. If it is in radio mode, the GPS will interrupt the radio to play directions. If it is in Aux mode, only the GPS sounds.

Questions
06-06-2013, 06:19 PM
Is the external speakers turned on?

Speakers working fine with radio

Rcspyder12
06-06-2013, 07:26 PM
I have a garmin 660 ,you can change this setting from the GPS not the radio

va2djd
06-06-2013, 08:14 PM
In the GPS go on volume and set the output on speaker you have choise Bluetooth or speaker and removed the check mark for mute

GMac
06-06-2013, 08:36 PM
Does anyone have info on how to get GPS to work through radio speakers on 2011 RT Limited?? I have all volumes up but only working though GPS speaker.

...if the volume on the GPS is set at 80% or above. If it's set below that, I get no sound out of it at all. I haven't found this written down in any manual but my dealer and I found it out through some trial and error.

REDLINE
06-08-2013, 09:54 PM
Thanks GMac and all other posters. New to Spyders and this sight and have found more answers to issues than could have been found at the dealer. I have the zumo 660 and don't see an option for external/ internal speaker (maybe pilot error?) but did find that it would work if I cranked the volume all the way up on the Garmin, even at 100%, it still cuts in and out, not right at all.
Also, it appears if you want it to play via blue tooth to a Cardo headset you need the blue tooth adapter?

spyderpoop
06-08-2013, 10:41 PM
as far as I was told they only work thur the headset rpmcycles told me

Shel_TK
06-09-2013, 02:50 AM
Also, it appears if you want it to play via blue tooth to a Cardo headset you need the blue tooth adapter?

You only need to pair it with the headset. I have the Zumo 660 and can play it through my G9 headset easily after pairing it. I don't seem to be able to get it to play through the bike speakers for love nor money, though - but I also always have my iPod hooked up, which seems to be the likely culprit there.

rcturner
06-09-2013, 06:18 AM
When I ride I do not listen to any music so I mute the radio. I do want to hear the Nav directions through the speakers, however. The way I do it is to set the radio volume to the level I want the Nav audio to be at and then mute the radio. It works well. If you just turn the radio down, you will turn down the Nav audio also. Strange but it works.

GMac
06-09-2013, 07:16 AM
When I ride I do not listen to any music so I mute the radio. I do want to hear the Nav directions through the speakers, however. The way I do it is to set the radio volume to the level I want the Nav audio to be at and then mute the radio. It works well. If you just turn the radio down, you will turn down the Nav audio also. Strange but it works.

It took a lot of tinkering between myself and the dealer (I only live about three miles away so that makes that part easy) but I have no issue having it come from the speakers. I have the Sena headset and haven't been able to get it to pair with that though.

I always have my iPod going through the speakers and whatever level the music volume is, the GPS volume is the same. Since I frequently have the music blaring, the GPS will also be blaring, telling everyone around me where I'm turning, but it works fine. As I mentioned earlier, if I turn the GPS volume (the actual setting on the unit itself) below 80%, it will NOT come out of the speakers but 80% and above works fine.

I wish I could help more but I don't remember any other settings we made that seemed to make a difference - just the volume on the GPS. He may very well have made other changes that I don't remember in the settings on the bike but I simply don't know what they were - we spent about 20 minutes trying to get it to come on and tried a number of things so it's very possible that we tried something that I'm not remembering (in the end, there were two of them out there trying to make it work, including the owner of the dealership).

Good luck - hope you can get it to work. I mainly wanted to tell you that it definitely IS possible to have both your music AND the GPS coming through the speakers because that's they way mine is set up.

Fusionfool
06-13-2013, 09:07 PM
I just posted to my same issue.
Go to Gamin site register if you have not already, plug in your Zumo 660 and it now has a patch to fix the issue. There was a problem with LIN Bus communications. Just fixed mine. Works good again. :yes::yes::yes: