PDA

View Full Version : All Wet

daddydarko
06-07-2008, 09:53 PM
I got caught in the worst rain storm I've ever experienced today. The Spyder plowed through water deep enough to spill over and into my helmet without stalling. Very impressive. The rain really was frightening. I started collecting two of every animal just in case. ;D
I did have the TCS kick in once when a puddle sent me sideways. The Spyder corrected itself but it scared the hell outta me. I'll have to wait until morning to see how many of my electronic goodies survived.

Also, I met fellow SpyderLover Nancy's Toy today. Good people!

pphantom538
06-07-2008, 10:19 PM
'I started collecting two of every animal just in case'.

LOL :bigthumbsup:

NancysToy
06-08-2008, 07:17 PM
I got caught in the worst rain storm I've ever experienced today. The Spyder plowed through water deep enough to spill over and into my helmet without stalling. Very impressive. The rain really was frightening. I started collecting two of every animal just in case. ;D
I did have the TCS kick in once when a puddle sent me sideways. The Spyder corrected itself but it scared the hell outta me. I'll have to wait until morning to see how many of my electronic goodies survived.

Also, I met fellow SpyderLover Nancy's Toy today. Good people!

Glad you at least made it home OK, even if wet. Lots of worrisome lightning and thunder. We worried about when the wind kicked up and the sky turned dark after you left the museum. Bad storm at Gilmore's late that evening. We lost a canopy, and had to take down the awning and close the trailer, but no serious harm. Another storm today, and we almost lost a second canopy, lost power to the museum just before the awards ceremony, and had to gather the winners in the (dark) gas station until things blew over. Lots of roads closed, but we made it home.

We really enjoyed meeting you, too, and seeing your red Spyder. So much nicer to be able to put a real face with your posts now. BTW, that three wheeled creation with the two front forks and the Honda four motor was at the show today. Lots bigger than I imagined...bigger than a Spyder, too.
-Scotty & Nancy