PDA

View Full Version : Limp Home Mode

Spydyr
06-07-2008, 09:38 PM
Has anyone had their spyder go into LIMP HOME MODE? Haven't had it to the dealer yet but I pulled up the fault code P0505, Idle air control valve.

daddydarko
06-17-2008, 06:49 AM
Has anyone had their spyder go into LIMP HOME MODE? Haven't had it to the dealer yet but I pulled up the fault code P0505, Idle air control valve.

Yes. I turned her off and let her cool for 15 minutes, and 4k miles later, I haven't experienced it again. Have the dealer hook her up to BUDS for an explanation.

SpyderRider2492
06-17-2008, 11:53 AM
I had this happen when I ran it real short of gas, just about every warning light went on and the Limp Home Mode scrolled across the panel. I was 2 miles to a gas station so I pulled in filled up and put the key back in and all was fine. That was over 900 miles ago. This was within the first 200 miles of ownership and I took it in for the first service at the dealership and the codes were checked and found Nothing? Hopefully it was just, ? just don't know.

dundee
06-17-2008, 12:48 PM
At 3200 miles going down the interstate it came on across the screen. I pulled off the road to read up on the message which was for powerstearing. When I restarted the bike the message was gone. I had it checked at the dealer the next day. The computer hadn't record a fault. Now at 4000 miles has not reappeared.

Spydyr
06-22-2008, 08:42 PM
I took it to the dealer and they found that the idle air control valve was bad. There are two sets of windings in the electric motor and one set had no continuity at all. There supposed to have 50 ohms resistance.