PDA

View Full Version : Men...this is REALLY off topic.

stillriding
06-05-2013, 10:35 AM
Some might even consider this to be a dumb thread, but I'm seeking suggestions from guys who use electric shavers. A few years ago I had to stop using my trusty razor and shaving cream and went to a Braun, series 3. Now, I didn't expect to get as close of a shave as a blade, but I'd sure like a better shave than I'm getting. I have a tough beard and with the Braun I go vertically, horizontally and at other angles. It takes me eight-and-a-half minutes to shave. Way too long for mediocre results. By brand name and model name/number, what do you guys with tough beards use? The model is important because some manufacturers might have several versions over a wide price range.

THANKS TO ALL WHO RESPONDED.

Ga Blue Knight
06-05-2013, 11:00 AM
I have that the absolute best electric shaver is the Wahl professional ultra close shaver. It is sold in beauty supply stores and costs around $75-80. For that you get a shaver that plugs in to charge up (charge lasts several days) but no world wide transformer included, no trimmer, no case, only two rectangular cutting blades and the best dam shave in the world. It shaves closer than a four blade wet razor with shaving cream. You do have to use Williams Eletric Shave per shave first to dry out your skin but man does it cut whiskers! It's used by barbers to shave heads as well!

Bob Denman
06-05-2013, 11:22 AM
I'm running a $30 cheapie here... :opps: It's a plug-in the wall model that I got at Sears about six years' ago.
It does a decent job for the money
Now when I REALLY want to go cheap; I've got a ten-dollar battery powered thing that my Missus got off of some late night TV place.
And it actually does a decent job too! :thumbup: :D

Tanshanomi
06-05-2013, 12:05 PM
I must have purchased ten different electric shavers over the years, and I have never found one that is anywhere close to the smoothness of a multi-blade razor. That being said, I have two cheap ($20-25) Braun M60 battery-powered shavers that I use for travel or grab now and then at home in a pinch. While I still prefer a blade, I find this model works at least as well as any of the high dollar plug-in or rechargeable shavers I've tried, and better than most. And since I don't use them all the time, the ability to drop in a new pair of AAs is more convenient than having to constantly keep one charged.

wyliec
06-05-2013, 01:34 PM
I have a braun 9585/5673 and have had it for a few years. I can say it's no better or worse than most electric shavers. Just like you said, I have to go every which way with the razor to get a good shave.

For every person that says brand 'x' is the best, you'll find someone to say 'x' is terrible and buy brand 'y'.

ARtraveler
06-05-2013, 01:35 PM
My shaver of choice is the current Norelco top of the line. I have used Shick, Remington, Braun, and other Norelcos. I keep going back to the Norelco.

TexasSpyder
06-05-2013, 04:05 PM
I quit shaving and grew a beard. Best move I ever made I really hate to shave.

J. D.

jerpinoy
06-05-2013, 04:12 PM
Braun , norelco, remington and everytime they got dull I use my samurai to finish the job:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Cavman
06-05-2013, 06:30 PM
Triple head Norelco Reflex Plus. It's many year old and the battery went dead. So, I just plug it in to use it. It does a fine job but then again, I don't have a tough beard to deal with. It also has a trimmer.

Mad Mike
06-05-2013, 07:07 PM
Whatever you do, DON'T PAY for one of those $300.00+ Razors... The affordable models ($50-$80) are just as good if not the same thing as their High dollar counterparts...Main Thing is to keep it cleaned out.

harrypottar
06-05-2013, 08:27 PM
My choice of savers over many years have been Norelco/Philips, I have never been a fan of foil shavers like braun.

However my last fancy Norelco was useless, it was expensive but the heads where sealed you had to replace the whole lot. Previous ones you could take the blades out and clean.

Amazon had a deal of the day for a Panasonic ES8249S (http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-ES8249S-Nanotech-Electric-Cleaning/dp/B0021AG0Z6) a while back for $85, normally $300 and had great reviews, so I thought why not try it I can always return.

Wow what can I say, it really is as close as a blade and you can shave wet or try, best razor I ever owned as good as any blade.

Recommend you try one...

harry

ARtraveler
06-06-2013, 01:37 PM
My shaver of choice is the current Norelco top of the line. I have used Shick, Remington, Braun, and other Norelcos. I keep going back to the Norelco.

I did forget to mention that I usually shave with a blade instead of the electric. I use the Norelco when I get lazy sometimes.. :thumbup: