PDA

View Full Version : Fog lights and accesory lighting

greendean
06-04-2013, 07:12 AM
Good Day To All;
I'm thinking about adding fog lights and /or accent lighting to my Spyder. I am concerned
about air flow where the stock fog lights mount and of course the BRP price tag. Looking
for quality and price. Any input +or-
Thanks Dean:thumbup:

Bob Denman
06-04-2013, 07:19 AM
Well... The OEMs were designed to work with all of the other OEM pieces.
Or are you looking at additional lighting from alternate sources? :dontknow:

rabtech
06-04-2013, 07:55 AM
I was wondering the same thing. Are there any kits that fit into the stock area and work better than the ones from BRP?

NancysToy
06-04-2013, 09:28 AM
Nobody has seemed to have any real trouble with the lack of ventilation from the stock lights, since they are vented. There is undoubtedly better ventilation without them, however. To see some of your other choices, look at the offerings of Tric LED, Custom Dynamics, ESI, KewlMetal, and other SpyderLovers sponsors on the home page. Lots of choices!

ARtraveler
06-04-2013, 02:39 PM
I can only speak to the OEM fog lights. I have them on both my current :spyder2:'s. I have not had any problem with the ventalation. They came with my RT-S and I negotiated them on to the 2011. I did pay for the lights on the 2008 and 2009 and agree that the price is up there for the OEM's.

greendean
06-05-2013, 07:20 AM
I have looked at the Kewl metal and some other led additions. I'm not so much into flash and stickers
practical use for me I leave the house for the golf course/farm at 3:30 am and like to be seen as well as
more lighting for the road. I did high end mobile electronics in a previous life 20 years worth. I know from my
past sometimes there aftermarket that mount and connect to stock for a better price. Some are not very good
quality hince the get what you pay for. Thanks Dean:thumbup:

NancysToy
06-05-2013, 08:04 AM
I have looked at the Kewl metal and some other led additions. I'm not so much into flash and stickers
practical use for me I leave the house for the golf course/farm at 3:30 am and like to be seen as well as
more lighting for the road. I did high end mobile electronics in a previous life 20 years worth. I know from my
past sometimes there aftermarket that mount and connect to stock for a better price. Some are not very good
quality hince the get what you pay for. Thanks Dean:thumbup:

For more lighting on the road, forget the foglights. Convert the headlights to HID, install foglights and convert to HID, or install some driving lights like the Motolights.