PDA

View Full Version : Hampton Beach Hot Day Trip-Running Hot-Stalling-UGH

NHSpyderman
06-04-2013, 06:30 AM
So....I took my 2008 Spydy Buddy for a nice ride on a hot 92 degree day Sunday to Hampton Beach NH. Started out fine, but once I got to the beach the temp. gauge started to climb. I sat in stop and go traffic for about 15 minutes and it stalled at a stop light-not my fault I swear-and then the temp warning light came on and it went into Limp mode....so I pulled over and parked it for 15 minutes and it was fine. Running about 1/2 hour later it stalled again-this time at a stop light as well....once again not driver error as far as I know! (Never had it stall before-but Ive only had it a month).....are these normal running issues with this model ? (Premiere Edition RS) Picture Attached of Spydy resting at the Beach.:spyder2:

NancysToy
06-04-2013, 07:02 AM
Check the relays in your fuse box to see that they are tightly seated. A loose fan relay won't let the fan run. Check to see that the fan is runningh if the temp gauge shows 6 bars or more. Beyond that, report to your dealer. What you have experienced is not typical.

NHSpyderman
06-04-2013, 07:34 AM
I betcha my fan isnt working-hard to tell-Im not sure what it sounds like with a helmet on and engine running. But I will stop by the local dealer and have them check it out. thanks!

Check the relays in your fuse box to see that they are tightly seated. A loose fan relay won't let the fan run. Check to see that the fan is runningh if the temp gauge shows 6 bars or more. Beyond that, report to your dealer. What you have experienced is not typical.

bobnaquin
06-04-2013, 08:06 AM
Just swap your relays. It is easy and I would almost bet that would solve it.

NancysToy
06-04-2013, 09:29 AM
I betcha my fan isnt working-hard to tell-Im not sure what it sounds like with a helmet on and engine running. But I will stop by the local dealer and have them check it out. thanks!
Hold your hand down there. You can feel it at the radiator outlet on the right side.

pwhite42
06-04-2013, 10:20 AM
My 2010 RT-SE A/C has gone into limp mode for a few seconds twice in the last 3 weeks. Also, the engine light flickers. I have changed the oil even though it didn't need it. It's not heat related either, as it was only 75 yesterday when it happened. The bike doesn't slow down or do anything different, just the indication on the display. I will be taking it to the dealer today to have it checked.:opps:

NHSpyderman
06-04-2013, 10:35 AM
what exactly do you mean when you say swap my relays? sorry-rookie Spyderguy here !

Just swap your relays. It is easy and I would almost bet that would solve it.

jthornton
06-04-2013, 04:01 PM
My 2012 RT fan usually comes on for a few seconds when you kill the engine. You can hear it plainly. Stop next to a pedestrian and if they run and say where did the hot air come from your fan it working.

JT

pwhite42
06-05-2013, 09:21 AM
My 2010 RT-SE A/C has gone into limp mode for a few seconds twice in the last 3 weeks. Also, the engine light flickers. I have changed the oil even though it didn't need it. It's not heat related either, as it was only 75 yesterday when it happened. The bike doesn't slow down or do anything different, just the indication on the display. I will be taking it to the dealer today to have it checked.:opps:

The good news is it may just have been a result of running the battery way down a couple of weeks ago. The dealer cleared the codes and now I'll just have to watch it.