PDA

View Full Version : The end is drawing near...

murphybrown
06-03-2013, 06:39 PM
Looks like within another week I'll be able to say finally arrived home after Spyderfest!!! My sis and I completed a great day at the Arches national Park. It is totally amazing to me what water and ice and extreme temperatures can create. Of course you have to throw in a little salt and movement to have the final result. Until now that combination would always create ice cream :roflblack::roflblack: But I have to say in my humble opinion what nature does far exceeds what I ever did with an ice cream maker!!! Tomorrow we will be traveling Highway 128 and going On the La Sal mt road...checking out a winery and movie film museum all on 128 at milepost 14..tonight is walking the streets of Moab.
on weds I will head north toward home as my sister heads south to her home in AZ...I will have a full 3-4 days to get home..need to stop at dealer (dealer is 4 hrs fr where I live) to get oil changed and throw on the buds..Ms Spyder went into limp mode coming into Moab. Limped to safe, wide spot..did the remove key, take a hike, wait, wait, wait. All was well...but she has started requiring that I give several minutes to warm up..otherwise she shudders, clangs and sounds a little like a old Johnny popper baling machine!!! If I ask her to move before she is ready...tech said hmmmmmm...:yikes:
ok everyone have a great day...I sure am..

rhansen309
06-03-2013, 06:56 PM
Glad all of your trips have been fun.

ARtraveler
06-03-2013, 09:40 PM
Thank you for the update. You have been to quiet lately. Utah is one of my favorite states. I have always found those red rock formations to be awesome. I hope I get to see them again.

I do hope they get your :spyder2: back to behaving. Check the brake light actuator for dust from the desert. If it is not closing because of dirt or crud, it will cause the :ani29: to go into limp mode just as you say. :spyder2: thinks you are riding the brake. A cheap fix if that is what is happening to you.

I don't know what to tell you about why the :ani29: wants to warm up before going though.

Continue to be safe and enjoy the rest of the trip. :thumbup:

Jeriatric
06-03-2013, 09:51 PM
Sounds like the TB may be acting up. If so, letting it warm up well before asking it to go is a very insightful and creative move on your part.

Walking around Moab.......is it OK if I say - jealllllllous!

Be safe on the last leg of your 2013 journey.

Chupaca
06-03-2013, 09:53 PM
good to hear from you..thought maybe you never got off Bourbon Street...So your getting close to home now, thats great you had an amazing trip from this side hope it was as good from your side... Armchair traveling is quite easy..all the best stay safe...!! :ohyea::ohyea:

Bob Denman
06-04-2013, 06:15 AM
I have a question :shocked:. After a trip of this duration and mileage; how long does it take before you're right wrist starts getting itchy again? ;)

murphybrown
06-04-2013, 06:42 AM
I have a question :shocked:. After a trip of this duration and mileage; how long does it take before you're right wrist starts getting itchy again? ;)

Bob that is an average sleep night for me :roflblack:!!! This time may take longer. Grand kids are getting a list together. But 99% of time can :spyder2: to their activities!!!:yes:

Bob Denman
06-04-2013, 06:47 AM
:bowdown:...And not one second less! :2thumbs: :roflblack:

MarkLawson
06-04-2013, 07:53 AM
I'm not certain I understand... surely you'll be coming to Maggie Valley, right?

Loved our visit to Utah in 2004, but my brother had a heart attack the day we left Moab. He spent the next 7 weeks in intensive care in Orem. Not sure if I'll be back.

Watch out for the Utah Trooper who will taser you if you refuse to sign a speeding ticket!

PrairieSpyder
06-04-2013, 08:12 AM
The Utah parks are on my bucket list. I was thinking I would make it this year, but can't. Maybe next year if I miss Spyderfest!:yikes:

And yeah, how about Maggie Valley?

murphybrown
06-04-2013, 08:44 AM
Attending Maggie valley or Lamont's BBQ .. Both are on my bucket list .. Some day. :clap:

dick574
06-04-2013, 08:49 AM
I know I can't really do this justice, but I'll try to represent you at both events, MV & Lamont's.

Ride safe girl & enjoy your family when you get home.

Until next year,,,,,

Dick

SpyderAnn01
06-04-2013, 10:06 AM
Thanks for the update I've been wondering where you were! I hope your Spyder behaves itself until you get home. You will be getting home about the same time many of us will be leaving for the Owner's Event. One journey ends and another begins.

my3gs
06-04-2013, 10:11 AM
Wow b safe. I can only hope we have a chance to the the great USA as u have.

gene0108
06-04-2013, 08:24 PM
First of all I want to say thanks for spending a few minutes with me at Flamingobabes BBQ. It was really great to meet you. You are so lucky to get the opportunity to see this wonderful country. One day Rhonda and I will meet you again. If you are ever in Louisiana you will always have a place to stay.